The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

players or supporters have no respect for the referee in gga

Thereā€™s a breed of a cunt in every referee. Going around telling people to obey the rules. You above all people should hate them.

Heā€™s not that type of player.

He has to get up for school in the morning.

Trial by media.

Heā€™s from a good family.

2 Likes

The GAA will run out if refs far more quickly than rugby my friend. I believe its at crisis point at the moment so stretched and underappreciated are those remaining

1 Like

Not surprised. Thankless job.

Its not in rugby is the difference. If a fella is any use at all there is plenty cash to be made. The pro 12 rugby refs would be paid better than at least 50% of those playing in the competition

1 Like

Thatā€™s it though. Refs get paid in rugby which is why they do it. GAA refs donā€™t.

90% of the GAA refs are only in it for the money.

Thereā€™s a ref in West Limerick who does GAA and soccer, he must be making a nice few pound off it. I think itā€™s ā‚¬50 a game for the soccer and youā€™d do 3 a weekend, plus 3 or 4 GAA games during the week. Youā€™d be making ā‚¬200 a week easy.

:joy:

1 Like

And the other 10% are liars

1 Like

And the other 10% are mentalists because money is the only logical motivating factor to be a ref

What would a GAA ref get for a run of the mill club match? Is payment classified as expenses?

like everything else in the gah, the refs pretend not to get paid

1 Like

I canā€™t remember exactly I think itā€™s around ā‚¬30 per game.

ā‚¬35 from memory. Youā€™d want double that

Mate is a carpenter and a ref he did shit load of schools games over the years when fck all work around. Said for a schools friendly you might get 40 or 50 from both schools

If I return home, I might ref a bit. Iā€™d do it for the fresh air and exercise. Mind you, if I started getting abuse from the sideline, Iā€™d just abandon a match. Life is too short.

:grinning: see how youā€™d get on abandoning a match in south Galway because someone said something that hurt your feelings mate. Your home would be burned down to the axels.

5 Likes

How does Mrs Flatty feel about moving?

dont be so nosey

1 Like