The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

He was not, I exaggerated to make a point, so unTFK :unamused:
I saw Joe playing a few times as a young lad and plenty on TV, he was a decent player, very strong and a decent scorer, but he was no Ray Cummins,
And he was certainly no Cregan, that lad was a wizard, one of the top five I’ve seen in the flesh and he was well into his thirties by then

A made up story ?

3 Likes

Some Irish lad who lost an eye playing rugby when a team mate stood on his eyeball is back and playing rugby for Italy.

Are you in your fifties mate?

So some Irish lad is playing rugby for Italy, while some New Zealanders and South Africans are playing for Ireland. All the while an Irish lad who wants to play in France can’t play for any country.

2 Likes

No mate, I was a precocious young fella though and I never missed a match

It’s hard to keep up

1 Like

That lad in Italy only has one working eye, mad stuff altogether.

I listened to the 2nd captains podcast today. It seems accordingly Thornley the voting for the world cup is weighted considerably towards then 10 countries that play rugby. Hardly a global sport if that’s the way it runs it’s ship.

Very interesting interview by the incomparable Donald McRae with the great Warren Gatland.

Gats’ take on concussion and physicality was eye opening. He bandied about the idea of banning substitutes / replacements to encourage players to go for the gap rather than the collision.

Cregan also played football for Limerick for a good while and his brother trained the Limerick footballers for a few years

Didnt read article yet but banning subs is often suggested alright. Not so much for the reason you mention more that it stops mismatches between freah players and already fatgiued ones. Tactical substitions are a relatively recent addition to rugby Id say only since game went pro. Before that subs only allowed for injury. Gatland himself sat on the bench for all blacks shit load of times and was never capped

Banning substitutions would be daft. You’d just get injured players playing on and making their injuries worse, this is part of the reason subs were introduced in the first place.

13 aside is surely the quickest fix? More space means more mobile players needed?

It’s getting closer and closer to league every day

Do they have a concussion problem in league?

Yes

Yep. Would work but huge decision for them. Id say massively welcomed at levels below pro game

Loosely translated, Drico went beserk and we’ve shitcanned some half literate maori.

They threw the kid under the bus. Classy.

3 Likes