The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

A lot of simple rural folk do like the rubby though.

the rural folk that like rogbee are idiots

none of their offspring will ever go to a private school so they have no chance of playing rogbee for oireland yet they still love this elitist sport

2 Likes

All fans of big sports in Ireland are in general needy . The GAA folk think their organization is special , the soccer fraternity and the greatest fans in the world stuff and rugby with the stuff mentioned above .

We are a needy nation .

3 Likes

I happened to be in a local pub down west when Munster and Leinster were playing some match. Everyone was roaring for Munster. I knew a good few of the clientele and most of them had never played sport or rugby so wondered why they were so animated. The only conclusion I could come to was that they wanted to “fit in”.

The seethe that rugby football’s growth has generated from the pot bellied Italia 90 cubs is gas.

1 Like

More people play and participate in GAA /Soccer than rugby…

English football is, and has been for many decades, this country’s national sport.

2 Likes

I’ll be in the Aviva on Saturday afternoon after GAA training Saturday morning (after brunch in Dublin 2 too and a nice claret).

It’s disconcerting to see these attacks on the People’s Game by all and sundry.

I hope the stadium collapses on you.

4 Likes

Will Man United Liverpool be on on the TVs in the corporate/premium area of The Aviva. As the home of Irish football I hope so.

If they are I will cover all 3 sports in a few hours - grass roots to elite. Huzzah !

Good point but the need amongst the rugby fraternity is more pronounced and result in many contradictions. Their arrogance can’t mask their need to be liked/loved. The media portray the games differently. National newspapers love to mock the GAA when there’s a fracas and slate the national football team when they put in a poor performance. There is rarely an anti rugby slant in the national media.

I dont know, bro — I’ll be out with my Sinn Fein comrades going door to door when both are on.

1 Like

More people participate in yoga than rugby mate.

1 Like

It helps that the rugby teams are up front with the national media, dont generally slap media bans, or dole the same bland shite from the same bland cunts like Jim Gavin, and have the same bland wankers like Senan Connell or Dessie Dolan saying the same bland shite on their tv coverage.

The rugby crowd can play the media and PR game (up until lately anyway). The GGA hicks lie, and print dummy teams. Silly cunts. No wonder the media are sick of them.

It’s a day out. Nice Bordeaux bit of grub. Few pints at the match and head on afterwards. Just hope the weather stays fine now.

They’re up front about giving the media bland shite and not answering questions they don’t want to answer. They cut out the middleman.

No joke, pal — it’s going to be bitter cold with very heavy rain showers.

I forgot The Wheelie Bin :eek:

I hope you have a great day and enjoy the occasion.

1 Like

Of course they’re open with the media. The first hard question they were ever asked was why the team captain was allowed to the court case. Schmidt lied himself and said it was a legal matter when it was nothing of the sort. I’m sure the lad that asked it will never get an interview again.