The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

You are a fucking eejet of epic proportions.

Well thats not true.

At least have the decency to spell your insult right you cretinous imbecile.

And I am correct in what I say, up until recently, the Rugby crowd have played the PR game expertly. They sold Munster Rugby to the GAA fraternity, and Leinster Rugby likewise. They even sold Connacht Rugby. None of them played it, but still followed it and supported it. They played on the bandwagon nature of the Irish (and quite frankly, most sporting people), and played it magnificently. Thats undeniable, a few cranks on this place cant change that, much and all as we like to think otherwise.

1 Like

You’re a proper scumbag for that.

Forgetting Wheelie Bin? I know, I’m ashamed of myself.

For a team that promises so much but delivers so little they get a handy time from the media.

1 Like

Thats called PR Spin baby. The bogballers dont get that.

They don’t need to spin ffs. they’re never asked any questions.

1 Like

Theres a reason for that. There is no spoon.

You disappeared on here at the height of the snow. I’ll wait to hear from the forum’s meteorological heavyweight @TreatyStones about what the weather has in store for Ballsbridge and it’s environs this Saturday afternoon.

1 Like

@PhattPike is conjuring up a monster here.

He’s seething.

Should find a good few empty gaffs to rob with the games on.

At the same time the rugby footballers aren’t getting bet by non-entities like Serbia and hammered by Denmark at home at the moment. So they will get an easy ride in the media. I seem to remember a fair bit of criticism for Joe Schmidt when they got dumped out of the RWC '15. Nuances like gameplans are probably a bit beyond the comprehension of a good swathe of the international rugby team’s followers anyway.

Pointless dragging the GGA into the same argument because the top level is intercounty rather than international and is therefore a complete different ballgame.

Robbing the Irish people is FF policy, mate.

A little monster. A Lunster, maybe.

1 Like

Johnny Sexton was taking a kick in a match recently and when the camera zoomed in on him, you could see a portion of the crowd behind him, the majority of them were females recording the kick on their phones (not that this is exclusive to women).

2 Likes

@Tim_Riggins loves to compare GAA and rugby. Mind you, he regularly compare apples and oranges to try and make some meaningless point.

They got destroyed by a country that doesn’t know it has a rugby team in the last World Cup and regularly get beat by regions of the UK

4 Likes

In fairness rubby and GAA go hand in hand in Limerick.

1 Like