The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

Not all of the points though.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

???

I dont get it?

Look at Ireland’s points total

How did Italy get a point? Is it 0.2 points per loss?

:rofl:

I didnt even see it … 26 points after 5 games :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 points for each of the 5 wins makes 20. 3 bonus point wins against Italy, Scotland and Wales for scoring 4 tries and the 3 bonus points picked up today for winning the Grand Slam makes 26.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::clap:

I’m sorry but that’s ridiculous.

1 Like

What is the point of the Grand Slam bonus points?

Weird, I suppose it’s possible to win the grand slam but still lose the6 nations otherwise?

1 Like

Bonus points for winning a grand slam. Wtf?

They needed them in the end.

No it’s not. Soccer types getting hot and bothered by the intricacies of rugby union. Run along and find a soccer thread to ruminate about something as ridiculous as the away goal rule or the penalty shoot lottery for declaring a winner in a drawn match.

1 Like

It’s a complete gimmick and has made a mockery of what once was a prestigious competition.

This is the anti rugby thread, mate… he’s in the correct thread… toddle along yourself like a good chap.

2 Likes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2DsAPOs3vfY

5 Likes

If you win all your games without gaining any bonus points could you still lose the six nations without those extra points?

The three extra bonus points for winning a Grand Slam ensures that the minimum points total a Grand Slam winning team finishes on is 23 thereby guaranteeing a Championship win. A side that wins 4 and loses 1 game could theoretically end up on 22 points. The bonus points system was a wonderful innovation for the 135 year old Championship.

135 years? Ireland must have a serious amount of grand slams and championships won in that time?