The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

They would have hijacked it.

1 Like

Look on three bright side. If it was Ryan Air, they would have probablyth charged them a tenner each to take their bags off

1 Like

I don’t really get the snipes at Ryanair, never had any issues with them so far flying. Aer Lingus on the other hand are consistently all over the shop, late flights, baggage problems, clueless air hostesses etc.

7 Likes

You know what you’re getting with Ryanair. Aer Lingus pride themselves on being ‘premium’ but some of their customer service is deplorable. They gave up our seats on a flight a few years back that we’d paid extra for and booked 2 weeks before the flight because apparently they thought we weren’t travelling as we hadn’t shown up to check in. Even though we were checking in 2 and a half hours before the flight.

1 Like

You know the rules with Ryanair. Abide by those and you’ll have no bother.

3 Likes

If you’re flying with kids, the service from Ryanair is far superior. Aer Lingus won’t let you book seats online if travelling with infants and make you ring them. Shower of cunts

Every airline overbooks. You didnt pay extra either

Oh I know that. But giving booked and paid for seats up due to not showing up early enough when you’re at check-in 150 mins before flight take off is a bit stupid. The bitch tried to turn it back on us as well. We got a written apology and 150 euro compensation from them after it all

Well said.

How did you pay extra btw

How did they give up the seats?

Had to ring their call centre to book seats as it couldn’t be done online. It’s fine if the kids are over 2 and can be done online I think but if travelling with one under 2 you have to ring.

When we arrived to check in we were handed boarding passes with seats at different ends of the plane. I pulled the booking confirmation up on my phone. Think we were supposed to be 2E and 2F. They ‘compromised’ by giving us seats together in row 10 or something.

A guy working at the gate all but scripted a complaint email for me when he heard what they’d done.

1 Like

Wow, I initially thought you weren’t allowed to fly as the plane was overbooked but are you actually bellyaching because they changed your desiginated seating?

6 Likes

No, they split us apart after we’d paid for 2 seats together with a 5 month old child. When we argued back they eventually gave us 2 seats together and told us all about how we were inconveniencing other passengers.

Nope mate, I’m not allowing it

1 Like

Ok mate. How you can’t allow something that’s already happened is a new one on me but I’m in too good a mood to argue with you so I’ll let this one slide

@mac bored out of his mind today so latching onto stories he reads online and jumping in with the most tenuous of links from his own humdrum life in thw hope that some other idle prick might buy the story and engage with him.

2 Likes

That’s an awful swipe at @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

I nearly missed the first in chantilly last year arc weekend due to aer lingus incompetence.

Signing in backing Leinster

2 Likes

Ok guys.

I wanted to let you know that I’ll be watching this.