The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

They absolutely fucked over their clubs and the 100 odd years history most of those clubs had — But as Tim has alluded to, it’s about making money and there’s no place for sentiment here. The sheep will do as they are told and follow whatever franchises were created.

2 Likes

How is it about making money?

Money here is going back to the clubs.

Are you talking about Philip Browne’s salary? It’s well known that this very modest by CEO’s standards.

the scummy soccer crowd get everything handed to them and still havent a pot to piss in.
its gas the way they dont understand basic business.

3 Likes

Rugby is dying pal. I take no pleasure in that. Participation sport is dying albeit more slowly. Ireland is a tiny market and once the decline sets in then it will be swift.

4 Likes

Would you need to be a real estate genius to buy a big tract of land in Newlands cross in the midst of a massive housing crisis?

Oh no, its happening again

Whats that Smithers?

1 Like

Sorry but that’s little to do with professional rugby in Ireland.

Can you expand on that point please.

Super Rugby has zero relevance here.

Interesting you post the Top 14. Their attendances have more or less plateaued since that out of date article you posted. Even still, a weaker Top 14 is good for Irish rugby. Ideally we will find ourselves in a B&I League or a European one in the long term. Interesting that this is your tact now though, given that it was Top 14 splurging that was the the call out risk for professional Irish rugby a couple of years ago.

It’s the lack of consistent and basic financial skills of the anti rugby zealots that has them in a tizzy more and more often as Irish rugby goes from strength to strength.

A bright eyed bushy tailed Dan Carter being bedazzled by property speculators

12bn you cost us last time

6 Likes

You seem lost in yourself Smithers.

2 Likes

:rofl:

:rollseyes:

4 Likes

A sale of 100 acres of agricultural land for 27 million makes agricultural land worth in excess of 250 k per acre. They must be growing ecstasy.

1 Like

Fuxake :joy:

Some of the flutes who’ve suddenly discovered a genetic love for connacht rugby are a match for any in world rugby.

Thanks to Guinness speargate is finally put to bed. Together with this and their “every person in Ireland grew 7 feet tall” cringefest add on Munster beating a third string hungover all blacks they have become even more vomit inducing.

6 Likes

I stopped drinking Guinness after that Munster ad … I’ll never touch that shit again.

Beamish all the way for me.

3 Likes

I stopped drinking it when I heard Guinness supplied armoured vehicles to the British army in their attempts to squash the Easter rising. Murphy’s man now.

2 Likes

I find the quality of Murphys differs from pub to pub way too much… wen it’s good it’s great but it can be as equally bad next door.

Very unfortunate use of the phrase “ShoulderToShoulder” there considering the extent of Drico’s injury that time.

2 Likes