The Arsenal Football Club Thread

Angry and abusive banter.

Nice to see this thread stayed on topic for all of a few hours

Check Arsenal out tonight. They’ll play a weakened side but they’re up against a scheidt team who can’t qualify and who have injury problems. I’m predicting 5-0 to Arsenal and Walcott to score 2.

After the game on Sky:

Richard Keys: ‘Does Walcott have the potential to be better than Thierry Henry?’

Jamie Redknapp: ‘Of course he does Richard.’

Richard Keys: “Is it fair to say that he could then go on and become an Arsenal legend?”

Ray Wilkins: “Most certainly Richard. He’s that sort of a player.”

Jamie Redknapp: “Talking about the great English players you can’t leave out Frank Lampard.”

Richard Keys: “That’s an interesting point Jamie. And Frank will be featuring for Chelsea this Sunday of course. On Grand Slam Sunday live on Sky Sports.”

Ray Wilkins: “My word.”

Last night on their coverage they were debating the prospect of Capello getting the England job:

Keys: ‘Ray, of course you worked under him at Milan. Did you enjoy your time with him?’

Wilkins: ‘I enjoyed him immensely.’

farmerinthecity wrote:

I’m not backing down anywhere.

I’m disappointed that Juhniallio can’t see that I was only having the craic instead of thinking that I’m ‘angry and abusive’.

An open letter to Farmer.

Dear Farmerinthecity,

There have been tough times in my life. I have felt the open disdain of my peers and walked alone. I was once Bandage shaped and felt the slings of ridicule. I have been the epitome of self doubt, self-recrimination, self-loathing. I have, as Icarus, soared 'til the barbed spite of the jealous melted my wonderous plumage and left me broken. Yet I have turned my visage skyward and dreamed of the sun, or at least the end of the rainbow.
Yesterday I was the schoolboy with the coat over my head, to hide the tears, to numb the pain, screaming internally for an end. I suffered the unsolicited volley of abuse. The flagrant hatred of your harsh words as you toyed with my emotions like a bored cat might torture a mouse so terrified he knows not to run. This you did for your own amusement, to pass a day.

Today it’s time to recollect the building blocks of my broken life and start afresh.

Yours sincerely,

Juhniallio

Saw/seen this thread and been meaning to come back to it, don’t have the time now but I will get back to your jealour rant when I get time Bandage.

Juhniallio wrote:

farmerinthecity wrote:

[quote]I’m not backing down anywhere.

I’m disappointed that Juhniallio can’t see that I was only having the craic instead of thinking that I’m ‘angry and abusive’.

An open letter to Farmer.

Dear Farmerinthecity,

There have been tough times in my life. I have felt the open disdain of my peers and walked alone. I was once Bandage shaped and felt the slings of ridicule. I have been the epitome of self doubt, self-recrimination, self-loathing. I have, as Icarus, soared 'til the barbed spite of the jealous melted my wonderous plumage and left me broken. Yet I have turned my visage skyward and dreamed of the sun, or at least the end of the rainbow.
Yesterday I was the schoolboy with the coat over my head, to hide the tears, to numb the pain, screaming internally for an end. I suffered the unsolicited volley of abuse. The flagrant hatred of your harsh words as you toyed with my emotions like a bored cat might torture a mouse so terrified he knows not to run. This you did for your own amusement, to pass a day.

Today it’s time to recollect the building blocks of my broken life and start afresh.

Yours sincerely,

Juhniallio[/quote]

Give me your lunch money

So Arsenal’s much vaunted young reserve team, the team Pele in his prime wouldn’t have been able to get into, were thoroughly outplayed by Spurs last night and escaped with an unlikely and extremely lucky draw. Berbatov and Keane repeatedly embarrassed Senderos and Djourou to such an extent that I felt sorry for the two lads at the back. The latter was hauled off at half time after being particularly clueless in his defending. The Spurs midfield dominated Denilson et al and Walcott was shocking yet again before making a run in behind Ledley King and getting onto the ball, only for the full back to come around on the cover where he rattled the ball off Walcott’s chest and it rebounded from there onto his arm and looped in over the 'keeper. I would have felt sorry for Spurs only for its laughable how they can’t hold onto a lead against Arsenal.

People lose the run of themselves when Arsenal win a Carling Cup match with this side. The truth is that outside the top 4 teams in England (Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City) the rest of the sides are distinctly average or downright poor. Knocking Blackburn out, like they did in the last round, is hardly cause to get a hard on, especially when it was an already proven player like Eduardo who made the difference in that game, and not these kids that Sky keep creaming themselves about.

Tinnion, I’m waiting to hear from you.

He is obviously preparing one helluva response

Mayo’s Barry Solan has been appointed S&C coach for Arsenal FC. He worked with Laois under Justin, Kildare under McGeeney and was with Mayo up to present. Think he may have done a stint with Poland during the Euros also and is very well regarded.

:information_source:

Probably doping them all up*.

*I’ve just watched the lance Armstrong doc, take no notice.

Looks to be a bit of a fire sale at Arsenal now.

Debuchy, Gibbs, Mustafi, Chamberlain, Wilshere, Perez and possibly Sanchez on the way out before the end of the week.

City have offered Raheem Sterling to Arsenal as part of the Sanchez deal.

Seems reasonable, Sterling isn’t even the best small fast winger at the club at the moment. Another small fast fella who doesn’t deliver a final product seems exactly what Arsenal need.

Let me add, I actually like Sterling. Not a racist.

:rofl:

Fucking delighted.

Agüero being mentioned as a makeweight too now.

Wrong thread, guys. This isn’t the official thread.

1 Like

Aguero and Sterling for Sanchez would be a decent trade. Not sure what Pep has against Aguero. Is Sanchez really an improvement on him? They are about the one age and if anything Aguero is a more natural goal scorer

Hands off Kun you cunts.