The art discussion thread

I have become more and more interested in the work of Francis Bacon recently.
His 1952 painting Study for a Head is auctioned at Sotheby’s New York in a few hours with an estimate of $20 - $30 million.
An extraordinary piece

2 Likes

Would you hang it in your jacks?

:joy:

2 Likes

Monet certainly got Summertime farming with this one

5 Likes

an homage to munch

Extraordinarily shite.

Striking.

9 Likes

I absolutely love this place.

Farmers posting works of art of farming. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

is that a massey or a deere?

A massey being operated by a deere.

A 135 without the cab, ideal for rowing bales.

Is that by Liam o Neill?

It would certainly suit the minimalist and surgical style of our newly renovated bathroom.

Christ Art, it is not.

Wine and art discussions at the top of the board.

There’ll be a few lads wearing green and white cravats on Sunday

“I feel blessed to work with what I consider to be one of the greatest paintings we have ever offered in my 20 years at Sotheby’s. Study for a Head is the very best of six portrait heads completed by Francis Bacon in 1952, and one of only two of the artist’s iconic ‘screaming Popes’ executed in this head-and-shoulders format. The painting contains all the elements of the artist’s best-known works from this period – broken pince-nez glasses, a purple mozzetta, and of course the reverberating scream – and draws inspiration from the works of Velázquez, Munch and Poussin, as well as Bacon’s lifelong exploration of the human condition.”

philistine!

You fucking idiot. It’s one of Bacon’s many studies of the painting that influenced him the most, Valazquez’s Portrait of Innocent X.

That’s a lovely piktur, I’m betting on a 35 though

1 Like

I think we can all see who the fucking idiot is here and its the one on the sauce at midnight on a Thursday night

1 Like

The pretend farmers are one of the most established here on TFK,
Did you ever hear mention of a limousine bullock

I did as a matter of fact. A fella at work decided it was a good idea to tell me about Limousin bullocks a few years back at tea break. I’d never spoken to him before or shown any interest in farming. Aggressive educating.

Incidentally, the farmers love double jobbing.

*I should add I became good friends with this gentleman and he loved the auld Belgian Blues. I still have no interest in farming