The art discussion thread

Its an entirely subjective subject KIB Man, so your opinion is in ever way as valid as my appreciation of Nolan’s work.

You uneducated phillistine.

http://www.shafe.co.uk/crystal/images/lshafe/Pollock_Full_Fathom_Five_1947.jpg

Full Fathom Five, Jackson Pollock.

SS with an outstanding contribution. Seeing this in person is quite an experience. Myself and Souldressing were told to move away from it as we were getting too close. We were trying to see all the coins, keys, cigarette butts etc that are incorporated into the canvas. A marvellous work by Pollock the loon.

It’s easy to see how The Stone Roses named a song after this work and then proceeded to decorate their manager’s office in a similar manner. The Pollock in IMMA at the moment has a deceased moth splatted onto the canvas.

It was the offices of Silvertone and not their managers office there SS. They deserve it really for that awful, awful video for Sally Cinnamon they released years after the Roses had left the label. They also put a brick through the window of the record label owners Merc.

I saw a few other Pollocks in MOMA actually, they were just the ones with numbers.

I went looking for Pollocks No.5 but couldnt find it.

I think No 5 was bought in a private sale for some ludicrous amount a few years ago Flano.

I stood infront of Blue Poles for an hour in the National Gallery in Canberra a few years ago, outstanding stuff.

:rolleyes:

What is art?
Are we art?
Is art art?

Claude Monet from the Musee d’Orsay in Paris.
on a recent visit to Paris i took Ms.Mickee321 to Musee D’orsay. needless to say she was impressed.
impressionist are has really grown on me lately, im not sure why, maybe its beacuse i’m impressionable or something.

here is another from monet, possibly one of his greatest…

http://www.arttoheartweb.com/images/Claude%20Monet%20Water%20Lily%20Pond2.jpg

I prefer this version:

stop desecrating this thread you filthy charlatan

I know fcuk all about Art but this one of Dali’s used to be hung up on the wall in the GPO nightclub about 10 years ago and we had many discussions about it whilst we waited for the 1 pound shots to kick in.

The Brits spat the dummy when Magnier swooped for this Joshua Reynolds painting of Omai for £12 million. Initially refused to grant an export licence and the whole lot. Anyway it’s in Dublin and will be until its hung here in public for six years whereby he can sell it without paying any capital gains. I’d say he’ll sell it back to the Brits then. I think it’s shit.

The Hunter’s Gift by Gabriel Metsu, a picture rich in symbolism. The refined woman receives the advances of the rugged hunter where the presentation of a bird symbolises overt sexual aspirations on the man’s part. The statuette of Cupid stands over the couple. The woman while not hostile, seeks moral refuge with her right hand reaching for her bible, while the dog represents fidelity. All in all, terrific stuff from Gabriel here.

She looks like a bloke

shit painting- why draw a women & make her bald- she looks remarakbly like art fooley

:lol: :lol:

Whether that is true or not your artwork interpretations should become a permanent fixture around here :clap:

Very positive review of Gabriel Metsu’s magical exhibition in The National Gallery on The View there, proper order.

What do you make of this “original” Michelangelo uncovered in a cabin in Canada?
I was reading about it there at the weekend.