The ask Bandage about mortgages thread

The sense of fear on this thread this morning is palpable.

2 Likes

The banks ask for revolut statements guys.

If you had no transactions with Revolut in the statements you provide then how would they know you have a Revolut account?

As a man of honour and unshakable morale courage you surely would not try and pull the wool over the bankā€™s eyes.

The banks are scum.

2 Likes

AML

I got a mortgage lately and the banks didnā€™t ask anything about revolut (of which I have an account but have never used it yet). I suppose if it had appeared on my statements over the previous six months Iā€™d have had to divulge. I also have money in an account in England and I told them nothing about that and they were none the wiser.

1 Like

You can only lodge to Revolut via your bank/credit card, so it will show up on a statement that way

I have people pay me for their washed diesel through Revolut.

You can also lodge via bank transfers.

Someone who knows shit about mortgages please tell me, weā€™re about to change our rate off KBC variable to a lower LTV rate. Am I mad to go to a fixed rate for a year or two? With their discount the current variable rate would be 3.05 or 2 year fixed would be 2.3. Weā€™d likely keep repayments the same as they are and just pay more off of the principle but its 100 odd quid a month in the difference.

Whatā€™ll happen interest rates in the next 2 years?!

How many fingers am I holding up?

Most likely interest rates will do fuck all. Iā€™m fixing for a year at a time at the moment. Iā€™ll eventually fix for longer, but there seems to be no prospect of rate rises

Weā€™re currently switching to KBC, going for a 3 year fixed. Best rate at moment.

Theyā€™re going nowhere.

Iā€™m about to fix with Ulster Bank for five years at 2.2%.

Is there much hassle in switching? Iā€™m thinking of it myself next time

The 2 and 3 year fixed rates are the same I think

1 Like

Have ye looked at Avant lads?

1.95%

1 Like

Is that the crowd that bought MBNA?

We went with a broker. You have the usual hassle of getting all the documentation together but itā€™s all paperless these days so apart from signing solicitorā€™s letter, can all be done without getting out from under the bed.

3 Likes

Ya, they do credit cards as well

Is there still legal fees involved and if so how much are you talking?