The ask Bandage about mortgages thread

With Javen ourselves. They seem decent to deal with. Mrs Pox is the primary contact with them. They are a subsidary of AIB.

Locked in on a fixed rate recently on one of those ā€œgreen/BERā€ packages. Time will tell if we were wise or not. 2%

1 Like

Avant have the cheapest rate in the county but you have to go through a broker with them.They only have 2 brokers in Limerick.Haven are basically AIB.I have to change myself as my UB mortgage is up in Sept but my man advised me to wait and see what BOI or whoever is taking over their loans offer me.

Haven were originally part of ICS I think and itā€™s effectively an AIB mortgage I thought?

Before you switch @Juhniallio you should check if your LTV has changed based on what youā€™ve paid already and if your property is worth more.

1 Like

Iā€™m 2 years into a 3 year fixed rate with PTSB. With the likelihood of rate rises in the near future Iā€™d be inclined to re-fix again for a couple of years now.

Do I have to wait to the end of the current term or have lads re-fixed with existing provider? Is there much paperwork or is it handy enough.

I re-fixed recently but my previous fixed rate was up, so it was just a case of ticking a box and a few signatures.

1 Like

ICS mortgages are with Dilosk and they were linked to BOI in the past.

1 Like

You have no breakage fee with PTSB so you could switch now. If you want some advice just ask and I can get you linked with Avant, Finance Ireland or ICS. Haven may be an option with ā‚¬5,000 cashback available.

2 Likes

Stay away from broker unless you have no choice.

1 Like

Bizarre logic from PTSB on this. Your LTV is set at the time of original mortgage and wont be changed at further renewals. So even though weā€™re now below 80% on original sale price and way below 80% what house would be valued at now, their ā€˜offerā€™ (anal financial rape) is based on 81-90% LTV. She championed it as ā€˜openness and honesty, one of our 5 principalsā€¦ā€™

1 Like

Same here, have to switch from UB,

1 Like

Are Ulster not just selling the mortgages to PTSB?

Looks we were very open at the start that we were going to ride you. Itā€™s not our fault if you didnā€™t pay attention, now bend over.

Theyā€™re being sold somewhere but we are being advised to look into switching too. Iā€™m not actually making a huge effort to do this

Ulster are offering switches to lower repayments for me. Iā€™m thinking of 5 year fixed as this will lower my repayments by 90 euros a month.

Do I have to involve solicitors if changing product?

Will that not just lengthen the mortgage

No but will prob need an independent valuation

Not according to what Iā€™m looking at here. I currently have a fixed rate of 3.5% since 2017 when i first drew down. This will decrease to 2.8% for the next 5 years should I change. The LTV has decreased significantly since I first applied. At 48% now.

A broker quoted me about 2500 to switch my mortgage plus whatever my interest was left on the mortgage till September.

Certain brokers donā€™t charge for mortgages under a certain amount.

Thatā€™s ridiculous - get away from them