The ask Bandage about mortgages thread

Djs sister Iā€™d imagine. Certainly thatā€™s why she could Scrawl over a revenue cheque in kk and cash it.

Wrong answer.

These are my options from UB as my fixed term is up in 2 weeks and Iā€™ve to pick a new one,my mortgage is being transferred to Permanent TSB next month.Which one should I go with.My LTV is lees than 60%.

Iā€™d go with that 5 Yr fixed if available to you 2.2% is a good rate

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the one I was thinking myself

1 Like

@Massey I would go with the 5 year also, are you getting your 2% cashback?

Avant have announced a price hike today effective from next week. But if you receive(d) your offer letter on or before 15 August and complete the process and drawdown by 9 September then you get current rates. The current 7-year 2.25% rate is shooting up to 2.95%. My life partner was telling me that ICS seem to be struggling to fund themselves/loans and are kinda pricing themselves out of the market. Rates well in excess of 3% and only lending max 2.5x salary. These are/were two of the main non-bank lenders so the squeeze seems to be happening alright.

2.2 for five years is unreal, snap it up.

I did today,just waiting to hear back from them.

2 Likes

They have secured ā‚¬900 million in funding and are waiting for their long term fixed products which are due on stream in the last quarter, so it is likely to be June next year. Avant giving customer one day, absolute horseshit, people with approvals and waiting for loan packs are goosed for the rate.

1 Like

Yeah, youā€™d be fairly sickened if you were well advanced in the application process but had yet to receive the loan offer. Because their rates were so competitive up to now, the actual underwriting part on their side has been taking weeks. So poor fuckers that had submitted all the required documentation weeks ago and thought they were getting the low rate will now miss out on it.

2 Likes

I was going to go with Avant but you had to use a broker and the cashback option ran out the end of March

The big banks are likely to clean house over the next few years. The only thing appealing about Avant was their rate, service and time lines are septic at best.

They should honour approvals where a valuation has been completed, a bit of fucking decency.

:joy: These are banks we are talking about here

2 Likes

Avant arenā€™t a bank!

Edit: maybe they are?!

Youā€™d be better off goin with Revolute

Resolute.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a classic tbf

You need to be resolute in your conviction these days anyway dealing with these gangster retail banks.