The ask Bandage about mortgages thread

An ex boss of mine invested €30k in that, lost it all

@Bod95
@TheUlteriorMotive

Someone square this circle!

@TheUlteriorMotive pocketed @Bod95 bosses cash

Loads of UK soccer players went bankrupt on those films schemes.

3 Likes

Used to see loads of adds in the Sunday Business Post where companies would try to attract capital through the EIIS Scheme, there was a solar farm one recently enough. High risk I’d imagine but if you had your research done you might hit a gem.

The EIIS schemes offer very little upside, you don’t get an equity stake. You get tax relief plus a single digit return. Its all about the tax relief
These things are all about picking something where you are almost guaranteed your money back. Obviously no such thing as a sure thing, but something steady and with plenty of assets to sell off if it all goes to shit, and not too much debt the otherside. Its basically a bond in a private company, with tax incentives

2 Likes

I did a bit of work with a company who’s sole purpose was untangling the fall out from EIIS investments done before the crash. Seemed to be very messy.

Become an Ethereum validator instead of participating in these risky schemes.

Ya it was a free for all before the crash, the new scheme is much stricter and less speculative as a result

1 Like

It’s not show friends. It’s show business.

Anyone ever build an extension onto their house?
If you did what was the primary motivation for doing so and how much disruption did it cause in terms of getting it done? Would I be right in saying you could be talking anywhere from €2K - €3K per sq metre.

Not related to your query (sorry) but mention of an extension made me think of pals of my life partner who are looking to complete a fairly substantial extension. They’ve been fucked around by the builder in terms of starting date and how long it will take etc and the extent of the work (knocking internal walls and so on) means they’ll have to vacate the premises while the builder is in. But lack of certainty from builder made it tricky to plan a rental so…they just bought another house last week. They’ll be in it in a couple of months and the builder won’t be ready before then anyway. There are always solutions when you’re very, very rich.

6 Likes

That’s the celtic tiger spirit

I’m currently in the process of switching my mortgage, sweet jesus the banks are a fucking disaster.

Sent them all the documents requested, great thanks, actually hang on, we need this, a week later, oh and this. And they actually turned around the other day and made me send all the statements again because they were out of date since we started the process.

They need payslips AND a salary cert. Surely one or the other would do. Do they think I’d be clever enough to fake the payslips and then suddenly fall down at the obstacle of faking a salary cert or something.

Then for some reason they need three years tax returns, even though they won’t take any of it into account other than your current salary, which is already covered in the previous fuck acting, I mean one year I could maybe understand.

Then requesting statements from the bank you have to ring them, because generating them automatically online would make far too much sense and your last statement is no good because it was a month ago or whatever. How many people are employed to press a button in the office to generate a statement and post it to me, instead of me generating it and downloading it and never interacting with anyone. Think of the man hours and paper wasted.

The best yet, was they need a statement for the BOI savings account. It’s just money sitting in an account, nothing in, nothing out, so I ring up BOI for a statement and they tell me, oh there hasn’t been 4 transactions this year so it’s not possible for me to generate a statement. So now I have to lodge a €1 or whatever 4 times, which of course the mortgage bank will want explaining.

Then they ask “There’s a lot of transfers between these two accounts, can you explain?” Eh we are fucking married you dope

Not only will the rate be gone by the time they get through it, the fucking mortgage will be repaid.

16 Likes

If any of ye cunts are still working in a bank I have a million dollar idea for ye. Simplified switching process.

1. Salary Cert
  2. Proof of 5 years payments on the mortgage
  3. KYC

That is fucking it. You don’t need anymore than that. Someone who has paid back their mortgage for 5 years must be a way lower credit risk than a new customer

2 Likes

I did it about 5 years ago.
Motivation: Kitchen Island
Disruption: Lots
Costs: it nearly broke me

10 Likes

Tis a fine island though

1 Like

We had most, if not all, of that too. Took from late May to late August to get a switch completed, despite having all the documents upfront, nothing untoward in any of it, LTV <60% etc. In the end, we were relieved to get it over the line before a recent interest rate increase was applied by our new provider (Avant) and we got a decent enough fixed rate deal. A pack along the lines you outlined that’s universally accepted across the industry (so you fire it off to several outlets simultaneously) and that holds for 6 months or something would make it much easier.

1 Like

By God. We live in a fucked up world.

Completely normal. Some of the rest is overkill.

I don’t know what this is, but I’m going to presume it’s a typo for KYJ, as in KY jelly to get you ready for the assfucking you’ll get from the banks.

1 Like