The ask Bandage about mortgages thread

Did you refix the rate with the same lender?

If you existed a fixed rate of say 3% to fix at 2.5% then in reality they don’t mind not charging the break as they are tying you in for longer and they know they will be able to lend to someone else at the 3% in the short term anyway

Presume Once you have the letter offering you new rates from bank they can’t up the offer ?

I’m trying to move. Their rates for new business are good but not great for existing customers

1 Like

Think the offer letter these days will specifically state a lapse date and it could in theory expire if you don’t close before then. Not sure how strictly different places enforce it.

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s timebound

Hoping to get my own in this week. Squeeky bum time.

1 Like

What are chances of Swiss nationalising Credit Suisse?

There was talk of a Credit Suisse merger with DB. Financial commentators likened it to tying two drunk men together.

UBS as well. Good bank, bad bank

The big jump from Finance Ireland will decimate lots of people who have approvals with them, a huge jump.

1 Like

Yep. It’s absolutely fucked us in the ass. We thought we’d have drawn down by now but are probably a few weeks off.

Got this locked in since Oct 1.Happy days.

2 Likes

No cashback.UB will be transferring me over to PTSB in later this year.Wouldnt think I’m entitled to any cashback.

You are not.

1 Like

Is it with Finance Ireland? If so, I would go variable and try and move it the minute you draw the funds.

They must be v poorly funded you’d think looking at that approach

1 Like

Got AIP from Haven this morning for re-mortage.

Any one have any sense of how long it typically takes from this to drawdown?

Yep. We might be getting over the line just in time. If not, our broker said go variable and switch it over then

I heard they were in massive trouble to get funding. Not sure what type of client they think they will appeal to now.

1 Like

You need the cheque requisition in, if you have you have two weeks to fund. A pure shit show and the brokers are stuck in the middle. If you need any help just send me a message.

2 Likes