The ask Bandage about mortgages thread

Thatā€™s a balls alright. Iā€™d try kicking up as much of a fuss as possible and they might drop it a little to shut you up

1 Like

Very odd situation there. On the face of it they are being rode. .all I can take from it is pepper have a really high variable rate for BTL loans and no option to fix .pepper clearly just looking for people to refinance asap and take their margin out of the discount they paid on the loanā€¦

1 Like

They must have been on a variable rate as well,if they were fixed they surely couldnā€™t be moved?

Yes agreed

Thereā€™s also the chance that itā€™s a load of skewed bollox from the landlord classes.
Itā€™s like summat Ross o Carroll Kelly would come up with.

1 Like

My mortgage is split.
One portion is locked in at 2.9% until 2027, but the other option is up for renewal now.
Is the general feeling that rates will drop again in 2024? I have the option to fix for one or two years at 4.15%. Would 1 year be the right move if it looks like rates will fall a bit ?

Itā€™s unlikely theyā€™ll go higher anyway

2 Likes

Fix for a year at least

Is it possible to take a small mortgage out even if not essential?
Iā€™ve a friend moving back whoā€™s wife needs citizenship points.

Iā€™m sure there is a minimum level for different banks but apart from that I canā€™t imagine why it wouldnā€™t be possible. Might need a job history first to show repayment capacity

1 Like

https://archive.ph/qWAmR

1 Like

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1789678328875745575?t=JMRcmg2elOw7Y5pLDm-apw&s=19

2 Likes

Is a mortgage top up essentially remortgaging your house? I wouldnā€™t mind getting my hands on another 30,000 to do a few bits and bobs but the thoughts of losing my low fixed rate at this moment in time are dissuading me.

Credit Union loan an option?

Is it just a case you pay whatever rate on the ā‚¬30k and your current mortgage remains for however long itā€™s fixed for?

4 Likes

Its a seperate mortgage with its own interest rate. Your original mortgage shouldnā€™t change.

There are certain criteria you need to meet to allow an equity release/mortgage top up.

2 Likes

Has anyone got a BER rating on their house lately? Any recommendations on someone to do it and rough price? BOI offering cheaper mortgage rate if you have one but needs to have been done in last ten years

I got one done recently for 250 quidā€¦ask your local estate agent and/or solar panel installer for a recommendation if you donā€™t know anyone

1 Like

Tell him from the outset what you want it for, what rating youā€™re looking for and youā€™ll pay them cash :wink:

11 Likes

The BER minimum

7 Likes