The Awful Professional Footballer Thread

i think you forget how shit utd were & the EPL was for th majority of the 90’s

It’s the same typical Irish attitude that has Brent Pope as an ‘expert’ on RTE’s rugby coverage. Cunt was bagman for St Mary’s yet just cos he has a Kiwi accent it’s automatically assumed he’s an oracle on rugby. Same kind of thing when ya hear people say things like ‘a lad I work with is from Kerry/Kilkenny and really fancies Dublin for the All Ireland’.
Disappointed to see a sophisticat like NCC take this muldoonish backward attitude.

Are there any examples of Denis Irwin being a ‘mouthy prick’ or a ‘cunt of a man’ out of interest?

stupid and misleading thread this, very poor title and laden with potential amiguity
a sign of the the way this place is going TBH, its becoming more like anpaedorua.com by the day
i need to clean house here.

Joe Gamble was one of the best midfielders in LOI in most peoples opinion during the period 2005-2008, he always looked impressive against whatever oposition was put in front of him, made the team of the season and was always regarded as a decent player.
apparently over the last few weeks he has been shite at Hartlepool, obviously the different surroundings, pace of the game, “step up ??” in class have been too much for him.
at the LOI level he was decent, at league one not so impressive.
the Hartlepool fans on the forum may call him an an awful footballer on these performances, LOI followers would always say he was one of the best they saw play live. Does this make him an “awful” footballer?

maybe the thread should be retitled to address players you have observed to play utter shite consistently, no matter what the team or occasion…

i have never seen Tal Ben Haim play a decent game for any EPL side or Israel when i go to see them.
since i first saw him play with Chelsea he has been unbelievebaly shite.
on an international level the Luxembourgian center foward led him a merry dance in a recent WC qualifier.
Maybe if i saw him play for Cobh Wanderers in the Munster Senior League i might change my opinion and say he is good

admins,
close this thread

yes- he was drinking outside gibneys in 1995 after a Irish game- johny beep beep cycled by him & gave his customary beep beep & irwin ra after him to cofront- luckily enough beep beep was going dow main st rather than up it & escaped the irate corkman - that is just one of th many examples floating around

Paul McShane
Paul Okon
Nelson Vivas
Jon Macken

Paul Butler

Here, I’m not kev. :rolleyes:

any other fingalians hear that story about beep beep & irwin before?

Liverpool have had a lot worse players than Phil Babb.

It seems to have filtered through to the continentals anyway. Did corriero dello sport do a piece on it?

Indeed, you have a right to slag off the thread title as being misleading.

After all, the above contribution flows like a river.

i think i’ll reserve judgement til kev comes in and tells you all your opinion

:rolleyes:

Any Chinese player to play for a British club.

xenophobe

any british player to play for a chinese club

Kleberson

Eric Djemba-Djemba

i know but he was voted worst player to pull on the red shirt, i would have had traore at the top of that list

nicky tanner was worse than babb as was istvan kozma

Any of the Norwegians.

And Voronin.