The Backtrack thread

Brolly-backtrack.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/brolly-apologised-to-cavanagh-over-man-comment-1.1488314

[SIZE=16px]RTÉ Gaelic football analyst Joe Brolly has confirmed that he has talked to Tyrone player Seán Cavanagh following last Sunday’s All-Ireland quarter-final against Monaghan and apologised for one part of his outburst against the player’s cynical foul on Conor McManus.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]Speaking on TV3’s morning programme, Brolly said that he intended his comments just in relation to what goes on on the field and not in the player’s private life.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]Brolly also stood over his comments in relation to cynical fouling and its harming of the spirit of the game.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]Asked had he made contact with Kavanagh, Brolly said: “I have, I rang Seán yesterday actually, and well, you know, I wasn’t conscious of, I meant everything I said, everything that I said, and it is a cancer in the game cynical fouling and it’s destroying the spirit of the game and it’s permeating through to underage levels and all of that.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]“I talked to Seán yesterday and apologised to Seán for one line, and which I hadn’t realised that I had said at the time, about as far as he’s a man, you can forget about it. What I meant obviously as as a man he doesn’t conduct himself on the sporting field the way he ought to, it’s nothing to do with his private life.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]“I stand over everything I said, but I didn’t intend to impute anything about his private life , it’s most unfair and I appreciate that when I looked at it again. Fair was fair and he was very gracious about it accepting its.”[/SIZE]

Not a backtrack.

I wouldnt consider an apology a a back track.

He came out on Monday and said he stood by every word he said-now this. Backtrack.

Not a backtrack.

It’ s like this someone might say you’re a cunt, then apologise for calling you a cunt, but they still think you’re a cunt.

Who called me a cunt?:mad:

A large part of his tirade was personal against Cavanagh-it’s a backtrack alright.

A small part of his tirade. His point remains the same, the apology was just that.

Not a backtrack. farmerinthecity is online, he can confirm in due course.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 814064, member: 180”]A small part of his tirade. His point remains the same, the apology was just that.

Not a backtrack. farmerinthecity is online, he can confirm in due course.[/quote]

About Cavanagh not being a man and how could you go for a pint with him?

His tirade was against the game and its current state, Cavanagh’s action being a symtom of such.

Not a backtrack.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 814072, member: 180”]His tirade was against the game and its current state, Cavanagh’s action being a symtom of such.

Not a backtrack.[/quote]
That’s what his tirade was solely about, was it? Stop digging.

It was what the majority of it was about, yes.

Not a backtrack.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 814077, member: 180”]It was what the majority of it was about, yes.

Not a backtrack.[/quote]

Backtrack.

He stood over the comments in a most reasonable manner on the Matt Cooper show tues evening. I think Count has nailed this, Brolly has apologised for the personal nature of the comment that seemed to extend to the players private life. I agree with Brolly on this point in general.

Bumped for @Mark Renton

You’ll be searching on the internet for a long time before you find a more boring, uninformed and humorless dialogue than that hopeless exchange between Horsebox and MBB as documented above

• Dungeon please, this thread is of no value to the forum
1 Like

i’ll backtrack all over your head the next time you are in Limerick you prick.

[quote=“mickee321, post: 817500, member: 367”]You’ll be searching on the internet for a long time before you find a more boring, uninformed and humorless dialogue than that hopeless exchange between Horsebox and MBB as documented above

• Dungeon please, this thread is of no value to the forum[/quote]
    Not a backtrack

Bumped for Luis Suarez…