The Barclays Premier League 2015/16™

me too

In many ways it is the game reaching its logical conclusion .

1 Like

They haven’t won a Premier league game or even scored a goal since New Year’s Eve. They’re 1 point above the relegation zone, 2 points off bottom and heading in the wrong direction. They had to do it before it was too late

Playing I get, watching I don’t but it seems be huge that tweetypie or whatever his name is making something like €10m a year from playing games and people watching. It’s insane

Ah ummmmmmmmmmmmm.

Dillydong Dillygone. :pensive:

1 Like

That the Athlone lad?

The sensible soccer guy?

This guy. Reportedly makes 7.5m a year playing games on YouTube. Only 25 or so.

https://www.google.ie/amp/amp.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/features/irelands-most-popular-youtuber-plays-a-mean-game-318197.html

The first time Fran has an opinion on something. And he’s wrong. Sad.

3 Likes

It’s not like you to be patronising like that, maybe you should expand on your opinion

1 Like

I assume some horrible cunt gambling company will make hay off this.
This could be the greatest thing for the industry since bookies filled the gap between real races with fuckin virtual races.

Oi, check out these odds on this gamer.
Ave a bang on that.
Gamble responsibly.

Cunts to a man.

PS, fifa is shit. Pro Evo is back, baby

4 Likes

No he’s Swedish Disney signed him up on contract but he was dropped recently for anti Semitic remarks, which coming from Disney… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not to mention the fact you would be watching Barcelona V Barcelona at least 90% of the time. I’ve started playing Pro Evo online a bit recently, I’d say I play against Barcelona in 8 out of every 10 games…It’s boring as fuck but makes beating them all the sweeter.

1 Like

The FIFA gamers spend more time squad building and trading than playing matches.

The ones who have learned the system know more about market economics than they would ever learn in school or college.

1 Like

Computer games are for children and weirdos.

7 Likes

Agreed…Pro Evo was unreal 10-12 years ago though.

“I allowed them [Tottenham] to self-destruct so all the media, all the people in the world went: ‘Tottenham lost the title,’” Clattenburg told NBC’s Men in Blazers podcast.

“If I sent three players off from Tottenham, what are the headlines? ‘Clattenburg cost Tottenham the title.’ It was pure theatre that Tottenham self-destructed against Chelsea and Leicester won the title.”

Tottenham led 2-0 at Stamford Bridge and needed to win to retain a chance of overhauling Leicester. Their midfielder Mousa Dembélé received a six-match ban from the Football Association for gouging one of the eyes of the then Chelsea striker Diego Costa. Spurs were two goals ahead when that incident, which went unpunished on the night, occurred. Both clubs were fined for failing to control their players.

“I helped the game,” Clattenburg added. “I certainly benefited the game by my style of refereeing. Some referees would have played by the book; Tottenham would have been down to seven or eight players and probably lost and they would’ve been looking for an excuse. But I didn’t give them an excuse, because my gameplan was: let them lose the title.

@GeoffreyBoycott

That must bring back a lot of painful memories for you. You were supporting Spurs back then.