The Barclays Premier League 2015/16™

Apologies Joe. That slight touch did for him.

1 Like

Joe had no chance of saving that.

Edit: our posts seem to be in sync at times mate :eek:

1 Like

All this season proves is that the quality of the EPL in general is absolutely putrid

3 Likes

Hart at fault. Should have cleared out Kolarov.

Mate of mine texted me earlier saying that Martial was going to be a future winner of the Ballon D’Or.

Probably not a bad shout the way its going, football in general that is.

If Arsenal don’t win the league this year they never will, Spurs look like the only side with a bit of consistency to match them and they have a 7 point advantage on them as things stand. City’s band of gutless mercenaries will continue to flatter to deceive.

3 Likes

Agree rating.

Im just looking at Watford and City. Any chances that have come either way have come from mistakes rather then creativity. The current standard isnt a million miles ahead of the LOI

I’d love to see a stat on goal chances created over a PL weekend in comparison to even 5/6 years ago.

United and Liverpool today between them are a shadow of what they should be, with all the money in the game the entertainment certainly doesn’t match it.

What a goal from Yaya. Unreal!

1 Like

Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

Champions find a way…

1 Like

Now we await the inevitable Watford equaliser

Id take it a step further and would love to see it broke down between chances created due to mistakes and genuine creativity.

1 Like

United were fucking blessed that Fabianski didn’t score with the last gasp header.
2-1 up in the 95th minute, defending a corner with no man on the near post.
Terrible.

I’m not sure there’s a single team in the EPL who have a man on the near post from a corner initially. Some ask the first defender in front of the near post to drop in and cover the post if they can read the cross going deep early enough. Not saying I agree or disagree either way but putting a defender on the front post just doesn’t ever happen anymore.

True, having a man on each post seems to be a thing of the past, but when defending a one goal lead in the 95th minute, you’d think a bit of common sense would kick in.

1 Like

Posts don’t score goals.

5 Likes

Straight from the Big Sam coaching manual.

1 Like

Aaron Lennon gives Everton the lead against his former club, beautiful strike it has to be said.:rage:

Swansea had 10 attackers in the box as well, so if you leave two men on the posts then there are two free attackers to attack the ball

2 Likes