The Betfair Million

This starts tomorrow with the Betfair Chase at Haydock.

NCC got great mileage out of this last season when we had a non financial wager on it.!!! He reckoned Kauto would win it whilst I correctly predicted he wouldn’t !!!

I won’t tell you what I had to do if Kauto had won the Gold Cup !!! Thank You Denman and Sammy Thomas

Anyway cant see anyone doing it again this year cos the format has changed from recent years. When I heard about this first, I thought Denman was the only horse in training who could win it but as he is not in the line up tomorrow, I will confidently predict once again NCC that no horse will win the Betfair Million.

The format this year is :

Finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the Betfair Chase tomorrow

Finish 1st or 2nd in any race at the Cheltenham Festival

Win the Grand National

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]The format this year is :

Finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the Betfair Chase tomorrow

Finish 1st or 2nd in any race at the Cheltenham Festival

Win the Grand National[/quote]

Can’t see any horse doing this to be honest…Cloudy Bay and Ollie Magern are the only two with any hope of it…

[quote=“The Puke”]Can’t see any horse doing this to be honest…Cloudy Bay and Ollie Magern are the only two with any hope of it…

[/quote]

Presume you mean Cloudy Lane Puke.

Can see him getting 3rd tomo but hard to know what race he would go to at Cheltenham.

As for the National, thought last April was his chance - will be probably be higher in the weights next year and can not see how he will win it off a higer mark than last time

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]Presume you mean Cloudy Lane Puke.

Can see him getting 3rd tomo but hard to know what race he would go to at Cheltenham.

As for the National, thought last April was his chance - will be probably be higher in the weights next year and can not see how he will win it off a higer mark than last time[/quote]

yeah sorry ment cloudy lane…

About 3 years too late for Hedgehunter. The only horse who realistically could have done it IMO.