The blame game

If you could find the clip of all the fucking Biffo’s celebrating when Cowen became Taoiseach, that would be the one.

Is that a joke? As poor as the Greens have been the PD’s are far far more culpable than the Greens imo.

Eh, yes it is Lar.

I still despise the greens mind you.

Forgive my innocence mbb. The past week from the government and rte seems like one big joke so hard to distinguish between comedy and reality.

Wouldn’t fully agree with that.

Anyway, i really am getting tired of Irish people blaming government etc.

I ask these simple questions,

Did the Irish government start the worlwide economic crisis? No.
Is every other nation around europe blaming their own respective government? Yes.
Would it really matter what party was in charge? No.
Would it matter if a bunny rabbit was Taoiseach? No.
Will there be a similar recession in 30 years time on the back of a carrot bubble bursting? Possibly.

The point is, it doesn’t matter a fuck what the government policies were in ‘the good times’ every nation is suffering, we are suffering that little bit more due to our size and the fact that we were punching above our weight. Regulation of the banks was the big downfall from this government, but they weren’t the only ones to over look banking activities.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Moody’s and the other ratings agencies, who still rated Ireland AA+ when it wouldn’t have taken a genius to work out we weren’t that stable due to the property bubble.