The Brazilian Ronaldo

Fabio Cannavaro was asked what his plan was for facing Ronaldo once. Both were this stage in the latter part of their careers - Cannavaro with Juventus and Ronaldo with Milan.

‘Same thing as I’ve always done - prayed to God!’

2 Likes

How was Robbie Fowler going to help?

take Ronaldo out on the lash?

1 Like

Tis easy forget how good he was. We live in a world where everything now is the best ever.

Messi and the quare fella are class… unrale as the fella says… but this guy scored some scorchers and terrorised defences when heavy crunching tackles were still en vogue.

One of the all time greats.

The three of them combined wouldn’t lace DAMs boots

1 Like

I must sit down some evening a take a good look at maradona in action. Haven’t seen enough footage to truly appreciate him. I’ll give YouTube a poke.

His achievements were recorded in an era where referees routinely swallowed the whistle when some horrendous ‘tackles’ were made.

I’m of an age where his era was finishing when I started watching soccer. It’s very hard to accurately compare players from different eras though.

1 Like

By God

2 Likes

GOAT.

1 Like

Different gravy. Even when playing on gravy.

1 Like

George Best is the goat

He was a pisshead

And a wifebeater

From time to time life gets in the way, and you forget how astonishing Ronaldo was. And then someone will retweet this sort of thing, and you remember how truly incredible he was. How he could confuse a keeper with merely his shimmies. How he could break an opponents soul, not with his skill, but with the threat of the skill he possessed. And he knew it too.

That is genius.

1 Like

And then there was this, tell me you didn’t LOL when he did it

The :goat:

1 Like

1 Like

the Stretford End gave him a standing ovation that night

1 Like