@balbec clamped himself thread

A tap-in mate.

Spot!

1 Like

Great adjudication. Great thread.

A tremendous Louth accent also

The Europa Conference League of celeb spotting threads.

1 Like

Dick Turpin without the maaaask.

I saw Big Devin Toner today. He’s very tall.

2 Likes

Too Tall Toner

Spotted Wexford hurling talisman Rory O’Connor this morning and had a brief yet pleasant (from my perspective) conversation with him.

I was heading into The Orange Goat in Killester for a coffee at the completion of my 7km run this morning when I spotted ROC parking his car outside and going around to open the passenger door for his companion in a gentlemanly fashion.

I ordered an americano and was waiting for it when the duo entered the establishment and Rory ordered two (2) americanos. I was then prompted to collect my drink from the counter and ROC was served his drinks quickly after me. He was wearing a grey top and black/navy tracksuit bottoms and trainers.

Standing side by side by the milks/sugar/lids/spoons/sticks section provided me with ample opportunity to say hello and wish him good luck for the championship season ahead.

As a fellow high performance athlete, I know it’s not ideal to have strangers engaging you in sport related chit chat during downtime on match/event week so I kept it light and brief. He was polite and engaging but very respectful to the opposition in Leinster.

I went away delighted to have spoken to my favourite Wexford hurler since Larry O’Gorman.

31 Likes

great to see people rejecting lattes for environmental reasons

1 Like

That’s a beautifully told spot all day long mate :clap:

That’s a spot!

Real men drink Americanos.

1 Like

Real men drink double espressos.

Americanos are the coffee equivalent of fruit cordial.

2 Likes

I thought that was North Side Lattes?

I asked for a latte twice in Italy and was given a cup of hot milk :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The coffee in Italy is so much nicer. Is it the beans, the machine, the water?

It’s the country. It’s the best country I’ve ever been to.

7 Likes

I’d love to retire there.

La Dolce Vita baby.

Me too for some of the year. Hurling season in Galway though.
I’m contemplating it.

3 Likes