The Brick Flick

Did you clancy her?

2 Likes

Yeah I clancy’d the clit clean off her kid

1 Like

A chancey Clancy

1 Like

A greater focus on support play and retaining possession means there’s players actually coming towards the player with the sliotar and looking to receive the Brick Flick these days.

It’s pretty much replaced the wellied kick forward from the hand as showcased by slow defenders in the 1990s. Back then the likes of Kevin Kinahan and Ger Cushe won a hard ball, trundled out beyond the 21 and booted the ball out towards midfield to avoid being hooked. No sign of any cunt looking for a short pass off them though.

You’d miss the auld scuttery kick forward from defence and, of course, the ground hurling.

4 Likes

You’d also miss your teeth, back in the day.

Before his career was tragically cut short a sturdy local half back had a move which was referred to as the ‘double sinestra’.
In layman’s terms it meant he shaped left and he went left.

1 Like

A fake fake?

No. He just couldn’t change direction. He was known as the white heskey

The tendency to grab the spare arm … illegal but we have Cody and co to thank for that shite. Rugby with sticks.

The ground hurling, it’s gone the way of the Dodo.

No mention of Brick’s dirty habit of buying frees in the eulogising that went on over the weekend.

1 Like

Mullane was the worst for that I ever saw. He made my blood boil sometimes.

The double dummy, or turn three times as we called it, was a free when I was playing. It doesn’t seem to be blown any more. Good few examples of it at the weekend, especially from the Clare lads.

I still want to see a video of this if anybody known of one.

A solid gent.