The Brick Flick

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0618/971376-brick-flick-another-addition-to-the-skill-amalgam/

Never heard of it myself. I don’t know what it is exactly.
Pity he didn’t post up a video to show us what he’s writing about.

I never read such shit.*

*I have

What was Daly on about last night? ‘Ask any 14 year old and they’ll know about the Brick flick’…

Are they claiming that Brick invented the short pass off the hurley with one hand?

Yes. Daly was on about it last night. Said with the tendency in the modern game for defenders to grab the spare arm and prevent a handpass, Brick instead came up with dropping the ball in front of himself onto the hurl and flicking a dainty pass away. The Brick Flick apparently.

Have lads not been doing that for decades?

Everyone knows that. When he was centre back. He gave up ever actually hitting the ball.

I’m not disputing that he does it, it’s just the idea that he invented it I find bizarre

Not bizarre, not many players if any ever did it at all, then he started doing it with practically every ball he won. Win ball, burst out of defence, one handed scoop the ball away. Every time.

Anyone in a hurling county involved in underage coaching will understand this. Young lads are doing it and hey are referring to it as the brick flick. Fellas on the internet who never darken the door of a hurling pitch might be out of the loop.

6 Likes

I did it for years because I’m so shit I can’t handpass. I’d describe it more as the last refuge of the incompetent.

2 Likes

Putting the boot on it is the last resort mate

That’d be the second trick in my locker.

3 Likes

Fellahs never held a hurl in their lives talking monkey spunk on the Internet.

Do the same fellahs think no cunt never done a cruyff turn before cruyff?

Fellas in South Galway knew the brick flick well once they hit the teenage years, twas a difficult manoeuvre with your hand rammed down a pair of tight levis but if you executed properly you were in for a great evening.

4 Likes

You wore cutoff Levis in training?

2 Likes

I think you’re talking about the brick flick her bean there

1 Like

Fish Fingers :brendan:

1 Like

It was called the Conor Clancy in my youth

Finger banging?