The Buy Irish Thread

With retail going largely online for the next six weeks, this might be a good place for posters to log where they bought unique gifts or grabbed a good bargain or whatnot

@copper_pipe does a great job in alerting us all to bargains online, but let’s keep this thread to Irish purchases and see can TFK give some support to the Irish economy

Saw this directory doing the rounds on social media:

27 Likes

I have in the past few years basically solved this issue and kept it Irish.
Herself has 6 sisters and a plethora of assorted oul’ crones who have fallen into the must get a Christmas present section, there’s about 15 who’ll fall into this category.
I log onto the Sam McCauley website, select the Fragrance section and work from there.
The site will have rakes of smellies reduced from 50 to 20 and that kinda shite. The closer you get to it, say Dec3/6 they’ll throw in a few sweetness like €20 vouchers or complimentary perfume (these are generally marked Tester). Delivery is per DPD and free.

I’m not concerned whether they like the shit or not coz I’ll say she picked them. Howazat!!!

6 Likes

Lovely

By the way lads, feel free to promote shops etc of friends or family or places in your locality that deliver nationwide.

Does she get 15 like bottles in return?

You could then regift those the following year if you kept a record

I don’t follow the trail really, folk turn up with what I’d deem assorted comparable shit and everybody feigns enthusiasm, that women for you. The few assorted cronies I have are easily assuaged by bottles of Jameson with the odd medicinal bottle of embrocation “for the pains” or personal consumption in warm milk “agin’ the cowld”. #festivefare

3 Likes

I’ve been keeping it country and local for many years now. So I’m all for this type of thing. But two points of note.

That but Irish site is a .com website. I mean that’s just ridiculous.

You can’t search the site.

It’s a poor site I agree. You can only break it into sections by type of business but no way to do local searches etc.

This is a nice wee gift store operating out of Portlaoise. Its a bits and bobs kind of place, you’d never know what you’d find in there. Much better for browsing through, but you might find something there for a loved one for the Christmas.

4 Likes

I think this is a decent gift for people in likely staycation times. Cheap enough but can add to it with a frame etc if required:

6 Likes

And of course the all new TFK hoodies is a thing of beauty

21 Likes

You’d be worried about getting a box across the head if you were wearing that outside the house what with all the negative publicity

3 Likes

Lads would likely buy that only for it would reveal to much to their other halves. You should pick 3 different letters as a code or something

1 Like

FOAD

13 Likes

HBV*

1 Like

18 Likes

C.O.D

AUUCOAM

1 Like

Forget the map, that hoodie needs be scratched

Monaghan owned. Kids clothes, more girls than boys.

1 Like