The Cager Thread

If you were on the open road I think itā€™s fair to say that 25-30kpm would be a normal speed to be cycling your roadbike at. This is what this chap is cycling. But in an urban area, for me, I would say that 18 kph is a ā€˜fastā€™ speed. That cycling lane he is on is a very busy area, 23 kph is too fast. It would be like driving up that street in your vehicle at 70 kph. He should slow down, in my opinion.

4 Likes

I was using the communal bikes in Kilkenny the other day. The Bolt ones. They limit you to 20kmph.

1 Like

Didnā€™t work out that way for the poor divil in Bicycle Thieves

cager breaking lights as kids cycle to school

Definitely a refugeeā€™s fault there.

Iā€™d say this happens an awful lot. A teacher in my old school was badly injured years ago when someone did that. And a guy I worked with did in Dublin to a woman on a bike, just opened the door and never looked. Her hand was badly damaged and she got a massive insurance claim as a result. The usual craic with people, just park where ever they want and not think about what they are doing.

Dooring looks great craic to be fair :laughing:

3 Likes

I see Anthony Stokes is in a spot of bother due to being a cager.

1 Like

The brother in law got an awful dunt from a dooring cager. Parked in a cycle lane as well to add insult to injury. Got a massive insurance payout that paid for a kitchen extension and the obligatory island.

6 Likes

What a moron of a cyclist. If youā€™re caging past a parked car to must stay out at least 1m to allow for this. Are cyclists exempt from common sense?

3 Likes

No. A cyclist must never be inconvenienced, ever. They must never be required to stop and never required to use a designated cycle lane.

6 Likes

Exactly he had loads of space to keep out,he should be anticipating these things.

Is there enough space for his wheelchair to get around the island?

If there was a car behind him heā€™d have been out in the middle of the road, the cunt.

2 Likes

@Ambrose_McNulty 25/12/22 ā€œim sick of people on bikes cycling in the middle of the roadā€
@Ambrose_McNulty 31/1/23 ā€œWhy dont people on bikes cycle in the middle of the roadā€

6 Likes

Ooooofttt