The Cancer Thread

True, Iā€™d have the wife up to the doctor with any old complaint whatsoever, Iā€™d insist on it, but Iā€™d literally need to be passed out before Iā€™d consent to seeing a doctor,

Im so full of admiration for you @Portumna_Bridge, even typing that must have been tough, itā€™s put brilliantly, hope youā€™re back in the classroom before long

10 Likes

All the best @Portumna_Bridge youā€™re showing true character in revealing what youā€™ve been through. Unnervingly there seems to be a common theme amongst a lot of us in not going to the doctor. I donā€™t even have a GP and havenā€™t been near one in about 15 years but at nearly 45 and a smoker and fond of me beer this along with @iron_mike news is a reality check to go and get regular check ups.

1 Like

Let this be a lesson to all you stubborn cunts out there.

5 Likes

Aye. Not the same complaint but know this.
You never die til youā€™re dead pal.

2 Likes

With the fear of God we have put into the Galwsy players theres a good chance youā€™ll get the start. Best of luck with it.

1 Like

Sound for that man, If one lad here can get somthing from that it may save a life in the future. I think men nearly go their whole lives not wanting to know if there is somthing wrong. I hate going to the doctor, I mean hate it one doctor thinks Iā€™m in perfect health cos I havenā€™t seen him in 10 years one knows somthing the other doesnā€™t. One knows I smoke the other doesnā€™t then. Iā€™m fooling myself I know. Takes courage to talk about it.

6 Likes

Tough going @Portumna_Bridge, hope you are through the worst of it now and wish you a full and speedy recovery.

4 Likes

I really hope it all goes well for you pal,best of luck!

2 Likes

Some courage to let us know your situation. But like the other lads have said, thank you for your cancer story and it reminds us all that if you think something is wrong get it checked out.

Best of luck @Portumna_Bridge

3 Likes

@Portumna_Bridge sorry to hear that mate. Not much that can be said really only best of luck. Weā€™ll see you in August for the Galway v Limerick rematch

3 Likes

21st March kids. Big cunt of an op but the tumour has shrunk. Will be in Portlaoise on Saturday night but will be watching the rest of the league watching from a ward and a colostomy bag. Will be back to full fitness by May 19th hopefully

48 Likes

Good man mike. Is this what you were expecting?

Yep. Still scared shitless though. All going well the bag will be reversed in june. 4 1/5 , 5 hour op on the 21st

1 Like

That sounds alright. The docs have no interest in bulshitting anyone. Theyā€™ll tell you how it is and how itā€™s going to be.
In a years time youā€™ll be offering lads the benefit of your experience.

1 Like

Hopefully. 1% chance of things going tits up but Ill take those odds

2 Likes

Youā€™ll be grand. I wouldnā€™t bet against you at those joke odds. Your battle with cancer is someone elseā€™s textbook battle, rough as it is for you.

I wouldnt wish it on anyone kid. Im gping to be a sick bunny for awhile but Ill take it right now

6 Likes

Youā€™ll rip the ass out of it. Thereā€™s a box from beerwulf.com with your name on it. Onwards and upwards

1 Like

Good night now chief. Its been a long day and thereā€™s a few longer ones ti come

1 Like

Best of luck mate, hope everything goes well.

2 Likes