The Carling Cup Final Thread- This is going to be Epic 3pm Sky Sports 1 and HD1

The big one the weekend has been leading up to. Ireland/England was only the warmup act for this. Cant wait to see Manchester United take on Tottenham Hotspurs in the Carling Cup Final.

Manchester Uniteds Route to Final.

Round 3: United 3 Middleborough 1
Round 4: United 1 Qpr 0
Q-Final: United 5 Blackburn Rovers 3
Semi Final Leg 1: Derby 1 United 0
Semi Final Leg 2: United 4 Derby 2 (United win 4.3 on aggerate)

Tottenham Hotspurs Route to Final

Round 3: Newcastle 1 Spurs 2
Round 4: Spurs 4 Liverpool 2
Q-Final: Watford 1 Spurs 2
Semi Final Leg 1: Spurs 4 Burnley 1
Semi Final Leg 2: Burnley 3 Spurs 2(Aet) (Spurs win 6.4 on aggerate)

Possible United Starting 11

Foster, Neville, Evans, Vidic, O’Shea, Giggs, Gibson, Scholes, Ronaldo, Wellbeck, Tevez.

Possible Tottenham Starting 11

Gomes, Corluka, King, Woodgate, Assou-Ekotto, Bentley, Zokora, Jenas, Lennon, Modric, Pavlyuchenko.

Lawro’s prediction http://www.ifhof.com/wn/images/lawren.gif

I’m really not sure what sort of Manchester United team Sir Alex Ferguson will put out.
If I was a betting man I’d say the spine of his side will have experience with the youngsters playing around them - and he’ll definitely have strength on the bench.
Whatever team Sir Alex puts out, I just think it’ll be too strong for Tottenham.
It’s Wembley deja-vu for the cup holders and their boss Harry Redknapp, who led Portsmouth to victory in last year’s FA Cup final.
They play attractive football but will find it hard to win the ball from United on Sunday.
Verdict: 1-0

Lawros prediction :rolleyes: He’s a fool.

Here Shan did you ever notice how much Scott Hall resembles Graeme Souness (look at your Mr. Perfect dvd :D)

When they both had taches they definately looked alike. I just hope that cunt Jamie Redknapp isnt on Sky today. If they are going to have a son of a manager on they might bring Darren Ferguson in to even it up. He has been on Sky before doing analysis.

If Jamie isn’t on I’d be suprised. He’s an annoying cunt at the best of times but when he’s in the studio yammering on about “Dad” he’s even worse.

And this is typical rubbish thats spouted by Lawro and his ilk - “If I was a betting man I’d say the spine of his side will have experience with the youngsters playing around them - and he’ll definitely have strength on the bench.”

Bollox.

Anyway my prediciton is a 3-1 win for my beloved Man Utd.

[quote=“Flano”]

Anyway my prediciton is a 3-1 win for my beloved Man Utd.[/quote]

I shall wait to see what team Fergie puts out before trying and predict a correct score. If the defence has Vidic I cant see Spurs scoring. The man is outstanding.

Do ye really think this competition is worth a fuck other than making a few bob for the smaller clubs and getting a few youngsters playing.
Its a muck cup to be fair, considering its also behind the ever disimproving FA Cup.

It’s still better than any GGA shite.

:rolleyes:

The final of the League Cup last year between Chelsea and Spurs was a hell of a lot better than the last two Fa Cup Finals combined.

Man Utd

[LIST]
[]12 Foster
[
]22 O’Shea
[]23 Evans
[
]05 Ferdinand
[]03 Evra
[
]07 Ronaldo
[]18 Scholes
[
]28 Gibson
[]17 Nani
[
]32 Tevez
[*]19 Welbeck
[/LIST]
Substitutes

[LIST]
[]29 Kuszczak,
[
]08 Anderson,
[]11 Giggs,
[
]13 Park,
[]15 Vidic,
[
]34 Possebon,
[*]42 Eckersley
[/LIST]

Tottenham
[LIST]
[]01 Gomes
[
]22 Corluka
[]20 Dawson
[
]26 King
[]32 Assou-Ekotto
[
]07 Lennon
[]08 Jenas
[
]04 Zokora
[]14 Modric
[
]10 Bent
[*]09 Pavlyuchenko
[/LIST]
Substitutes

[LIST]
[]27 Alnwick,
[
]03 Bale,
[]05 Bentley,
[
]06 Huddlestone,
[]16 Gunter,
[
]19 Taarabt,
[*]24 O’Hara
[/LIST]

A very strong team lineup from United. Im a bit suprised Vidic didnt start as he has played in a lot of the rounds and I cant remember Rio playing in any of them. No Rooney or Berbatov on the bench. I wonder if Rooney has an injury as surely he would have been left on the bench just in case he was needed. Ill go for a 2.0 United win. Ronaldo and Tevez the scorers.

SHOOT THE REF. Fooking knobhead

Ronaldo absolutely smashes the post with the last kick of the game. Christ almighty

Even though I hate Arry Redknapp with a passion I hope they beat United on penalties…Neither team looks like scoring in extra time

What a dire game of football. Still one more tin cup. Disappointed with most of the Man U performances. Nani, Tevez, Wellbeck were all shite and Gibson’s passing was poor. Impressed by Foster, who came for a few crosses superbly and also made a few good stops. Nice to see Anderson back. Love the way he’d celebrate anything.

Champions of Carling!!!

Glorious win. Ronaldo cheated out of peno by a cunt of a referee. Glad justice prevailed and United came out on top. Champions of so many areas and things its hard to keep up. Ferdinand was the man of the match for me. Everything he did was so assured. 2 down, 3 to go. :smiley:

I thought Gibson had a pretty good game in midfield. I think he will make a decent player actually but could do with a bit more bite in the tackle.