The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

I wouldnā€™t be malahide 's greatest fan but you do sound very bitter here Gil.

3 Likes

A leather hoodie?
Sounds like he was dressed like the executioner in shrek.

1 Like

More like Malia

1 Like

Just baffled pal

Which lads buddy?

Might have been a bomber jacket with a hoodie on underneath come to think of it.

Does inaccurate reporting make the spot invalid so ?

No pal, Iā€™ve already confirmed it as a spot.

Iā€™m not arguing with you. Iā€™m just watching out for you buddy. We donā€™t want this incident thrown back in your face later on by a disgruntled ( non) spotter.

The pretend Ira lads

1 Like

An absolute belter.

Heā€™s our greatest ever sportsman mate, he could get in in his jocks if he wanted

Definitely in the top 20 greatest sportsmen alright

In fairness heā€™s no Paul Oā€™Connell or Brian Oā€™Driscoll but he definitely deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as a Rob Heffernan, Derval Oā€™Rourke or Eamonn Cregan

3 Likes

Careful now

Live spot of former Toasted Heretic front man, contemporary of @flattythehurdler and renowned author Julian Gough.
Zest in the peoples park Limerick.
Alone, glued to the phone and has a copy of his own book (childrens) in front of him.
This is a banker.

Edit, the spot was a joke but he seems a really nice fella @flattythehurdler took an interest in my kids and ive just had a long conversation with him.

1 Like

Weā€™ve all changed a lot since college Iā€™d imagine.

I think he got some bursary to work in UL or something so youā€™ll be seeing plenty of him around town

Writer in residence in UL, working under Joe Oā€™connor and replacing Donal Ryan. Gough told me he was a Tipp man who went to school in the same place as Ryan. Always assumed he was a Galway man. Nice guy really, my eldest is a voracious reader and a very good writer, really loves it. Gough was showing her the book heā€™s working on at the moment and explained the editing process etc and how himself and the illustrator work together. A nice exchange.

5 Likes

That interaction deserves a like