The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

who: ireland’s fittest family copyright holder Davy Fitzgerald
where: tullamore park hotel bar
when : yesterday 4 30pm
context : i was out for a drive with the family and neighbour’s kids CC @Bandage where we took in the Tullamore or (Charleville) castle called after the Earl of Charleville, he seemed like a right cunt BTW , he planted trees in the shape of the union jack in the gardens so viewed from above one has the visage of the castle in the center of the butcher’s apron.
The castle is haunted also, its a rickety ould structure, but the tour is good and the surrounding grounds are good for a ramble with kids on a fine day cc @Mac
we reconvened in the tullamore park hotel, a fine selection and chockablock with families and utter roaster types who had taken in the proceedings at O"Connor Park.
The menu is superb and varied, i had the roast beef with mash, a bowl of boiled vegetables, a bowl of chips and a pint of mi wadi, the kids had the pasta, the wife had a shot of jameson and a ceaser salad whilst our neighbout had a G&T and a panini.
Amid the joviality i spotted Davy sat next to us donning a Wexford GAA jacket, he was in the company of 2 classic “ould fellas” and a woman who sat on the arm of his chair.
I went up and shook hands with him, he replied with a “good to see you”, he seems a most decent sort, jovial , approachable and a man very much at ease.
He looked a bit shook tho, and has aged

edit
@Bandage
i was in curracloe on saturday and had lunch in blackwater
i actually tagged myself there on Facebook

7 Likes

Spot, well done.

2 Likes

Go on then, SPOT.

1 Like

Great spot.

@Mullach_Ide - would Irish Olympic marathon competitor Mick “Nicely” Clohisey out for a lunchtime run with his girlfriend last Tuesday be a spot? Is running at lunchtime “working”? I see he won the Ballycotton 10 yesterday. :clap:

Sorry mate, a runner running just can’t be a spot unless he was running to catch a bus or chasing a handbag snatcher.

1 Like

I expect @Bandage was the one chasing the handbag.

When is Davy Fitz a spot and when is he not a spot?

When @Mullach_Ide says

3 Likes

The Tipp lads have finally found their home on TFK.

The Division 1A thread?

1 Like

When his celebrity status is established by the spotter (@mickee321 on this occasion), inter-county GAA players and managers are not spots as has been consistantly advised.

I saw this young lady the other morning. She was in full team kit and passed me headed in the opposite direction, toward the national cycling centre no doubt. I bade her a good morning, but was ignored.

Edit. She’s famous for missing three drug tests.
(Believe it or not, the perennial overseas COTY contender bradders jumped on the bandwagon and stuck the boot into her about this when it was trendy to do so, before it became widely known that he is a fucking great cheat.)
Anyhow, she looked lovely.

Were you on the motorbike?

3 Likes

Maybe she thought you were going to ask her to piss in a bottle?

4 Likes

The scooter.

Meh

She looked radiant.

That was the EPO probably

1 Like

The whole UK cycling thing is wrong .

1 Like

Did you embarrass yourself chasing after her like you did with the last one?