The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

Where? Straw, just outside ballinascreen - in the spar/post-office. The couple in front of me were taking an age to post a parcel of cutlery to Sweden - due to some irrelevant rule about posting weapons . The lady was much taller than the man, she was wearing a pair of leather trousers and a leopard skin pattern blouse. He was wearing a trilby, a wool overcoat and a pinstriped suit, accessorised with polished brogues and raybans.
The lady was obviously as bored and impatient as me. She kept shifting from foot to foot, and regardless of whatever angle she struck the protractor of her hips cast an obtuse angle. Tired of his twistedness she looked at me and asked, “have you got the time?”. I looked at her and said, “I have, if you’ve got the energy”. She sort of laughed.
He immediately turned around and said,“hey, you’re a fresh one”. He’d one of those funny East Belfast accents that sound American.
We got chatting and it turns out that they were handing in some paperwork regarding their granddaughter’s enrolment at st columba’s p.s. His son, his granddaughter’s father is moving from rhe states you see. She has doubts about the motives and the practicality of the move etc. It was an obvious bone of contention between the pair.

The less said the better

An excellent and inimitable post, but still ancient history. Others will judge.

What’s ancient about it? Thanks for your kind words btw

the entire waterford united team in the applegreen just off the n4 at celbridge at 1pm today
i was in for a bit at work and we swung over to get a bit of lunch as we had a few hours between data points
alan reynolds was outside looking a bit stressed on the phone in a club tracksuit - i gave him an ould knowing nod and he waved back
the lads were inside eating paninis and one of their crew told me they were enroute to sligo - that some old haul on a bus in one day up and down
if this was the pre match meal it certainly didnt fall into @caoimhaoin 's requirements and is probably an indictment of the finances of the league

4 Likes

Two. Gave the bump a like too.

1 Like

What about the Straw one?

Who is straw?

08703ab01d0a041095e13630d58ebf66

It’s a townland

They were at work, so disqualified unfortunately.

Lovely, but who were they?

1 Like

I can’t say, but surely you can work it out…

Alfie and Kat?

com

I saw the entire Progres Niederkorn team having lunch in the Clayton in Cork yesterday.

2 Likes

Go on…

That’s it. I was in Clayton seeing a man about a dog and the Niederkorn team were having their three course lunch after doing the needful against Cork.

Ffs. I forgot to mention that the value of rhe cutlery was 378 quid. This was the main contributing factor in the delay. ‘He’ couldn’t figure out why he was being charged extra for insurance when said insurance would only cover up to 200 quid. I’d worked this out by eavesdropping, but he insisted in telling me a very inaccurate version of events- even though my constant prompting should have made it obvious that I already knew! I think she found this charming.
Him and her had a very black shiny s class waiting for them.

This is a spot

The sword has swung

1 Like

These are spots

The sword has swung

1 Like

Not a spot

The sword has swung

1 Like