The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

Two quick fire spots in one evening here, lads. RTE sports news reader Justin McCarthy jogging through the Ringer a couple of hours ago and former Ireland outhalf Eoin Reddan outside Tesco in Sandymount not half an hour ago.

Justin Leonard?

1 Like

I fear an automatic disqualification as Reddan was a scrum half and not an out half.
Pity.

2 Likes

:smile: A minute of googling tells me his name is Paul O’Flynn And @Ralphie is correct, I fucked up the presentation of that one also.

@Fagan_ODowd stand down for now but I’ll be back.

3 Likes

Paul O’Flynn is married to another RTE newsroom staffer Mary Regan.

You don’t have to acknowledge that last post @Horsebox. It was just an aside.

1 Like

It went all wrong for poor @Horsebox

Fucks sake

Bit like Limerick in ‘94, had the win in his hands, got a bit giddy and fucked it up

Neither are spots.

8 Likes

I was sitting in my car outside the National Maternity Hospital at 3.20pm (illegally parked with hazard lights on) waiting to collect my life partner and second born from the front entrance when Professor Philip Nolan bombed down from Merrion Square direction on a Dublin Bike.

The President of Maynooth University (:joy::joy::joy:) was wearing a blazer, shirt and slacks combination. Leading up the financial modelling work for Ireland’s Covid-19 response and featuring in every Thursday evening press conference, I speculated to myself that he was coming from the Department of Health HQ on Baggot Street.

3 Likes

Fair play for logging this at such a hectic time in your life. For your dedication alone, I’ll give you a like

1 Like

Not a spot.

2 Likes

This move has been an unmitigated success. Parents are happy, child is having a ball. I spoke to the father earlier today. He extolled the virtues of ballinascreen- “beautiful scenery, lovely people and great walking”. The son is a very droll individual- he said,“why those guys in Martha’s Vineyard dont know what they’re missing.- why you’d have to be loaded to like like this out there…and I am loaded, so I know”.
The three of this had a good chuckle at this. Were getting very pally.
I’d a good yarn with the oul lad, I’ll expand on this later.

Who: Paul Mescal
Famous for: Lockdown phenomenon, Normal People
Where: Centre of Maynooth
When: 24th June 2020, 9pm approx
Other notes: Paul was accompanied by two others and had just collected takeaway drink from a local pub. He wore a red baseball cap but turned when a randomer shouted ‘Paul!!!’ in his direction.

10 Likes

That’s a spot.

Stellar. Was he wearing the shorts?

He was I think - not GAA. He’s a bit of a short arse.

That’s coming from me now.

6 Likes

Thinly veiled Paul Mescal is 6’2”

3 Likes

Most male actors are short arses for some reason. Think it’s to do with them being closer in height to females so it helps the camera and directors