The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

Great tale well told, but who is actually the spot?

6 Likes

Iā€™ll humbly admit to being a deeply flawed human beingā€¦Iā€™ll add it to the things that need fixed list

Sure if I revealed that the tranquility of Straw would be jeopardisedā€¦Iā€™ve probably given too much away on the thread already

I saw Joe Duffy on the Clontarf Road there this morning on his way back from a swim at the Bull Wall. Does your spot beat that?

far from me to be pedantic fagan, but as the celeb spot adjudicator, surely youre best placed to determine ths?

1 Like

Sweet Jesus. Thatā€™s like saying you met James Hetfieldā€™s guitar tech.

Fair point.

Dependsā€¦how many Ivor Novello awards does Joe have?

How many broadcaster of the years does your lad have.

Was he his usual grumpy self?

Not a spot

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never heard of Shane castle.

I wasnā€™t claiming it but thanks anyway.

[Fuck off]

5 Likes

Are we talking about local, national or international awards here?

Yes

No. Iā€™ve met him a few times and Iā€™d describe his demeanour as reserved and droll. Thereā€™s always a bit of banter with him, he finishes every conversation with a quip based on something that has been discussedā€¦ā€œThereā€™s our Deccyā€, ā€œyouā€™re not Shermanā€ and ā€œyouā€™re alright Jackā€ come to mindā€¦I can see hw this awareness and inventiveness would aid his craft

1 Like

Which? My lad has several international awards.
(Canā€™t believe joe is even part of this discussion)

This the last who smokes roll-ups and only buys the actual papers?
Iā€™m warming up here, a frugal dude, ancient motor etc. Somewhere in the bowels of TFK thereā€™s a post of an encounter youā€™ve had with himā€¦

Later folksā€¦

1 Like

Spot and a top notch one at that.

2 Likes

Shane Lynch lives there. Top rock n roll star.