The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

GGA players arenā€™t spots

If I went to a big ball game and a GGA and player is classes as a celeb, then all 30 players would be spots. We would have to change the rules to make hobbies ineligible

Mike
There was a classic northern England moment beforehand. There was a fundraiser for the Christie , which involved a painting competition for the patients. The best four were selected and were on easels at the door. They werenā€™t anything youā€™d hang on your wall, but thatā€™s maybe a bit churlish. Anyhow, they were auctioning off the winner. Bids started at Ā£200 (youā€™d have paid Ā£200 not to have it tbh), and had reached Ā£300 when a lad at the front just said ā€œIā€™ll give you ten grand for the lotā€.
ā€œAnd who are you?ā€ Asked the auction lad, who was a BBC radio presenter I canā€™t remember the name of.
ā€œDunā€™t matter. Iā€™m with Mick Summerbeeā€.

2 Likes

Ah grand, hadnā€™t heard him referred to as Mick or Mickey. A proper legend.

They are spots but the thing is are they celebrities -

Of GGA personalities maybe only Davy Fitz , Joe Brolly and Pat Spillane are celebrities .

Would Cyril Farrell, Liam Sheedy and Paul Galvin be classed as celebrities?

Post them up there when you spot them and weā€™ll see.

5 Likes

Who : Former Retail giant turned Fitness mogul Ben Dunne.

Where : Circle K Station, M8

Demeanour : couldnā€™t tell under his mask but Ben doesnā€™t look great on his feet.

Other info : Ben nosed about the shop having a gander at the Deli offering although refraining from a purchase. In the end, Ben picked up a paper to which he handed it over to his driver who was paying for the fuel.

End : Ben and driver sped off with Ben seated in the rear of their 2020 reg Black Mercedes E220 Saloon.

The Endā€¦ā€¦

11 Likes

That Van Gogh exhibition is brilliant. I went to it over the summer

1 Like

In Amsterdam? Went there 15 years ago. Wasnā€™t long after spending time in one of the coffee shops. I found the art very interesting and the colours very vibrant.

:smoking:

5 Likes

I think youā€™re on a winner here Har, the attention to and reportage of the detail will carry the day.

2 Likes

You bloody hypocrite

Do celebrities at funerals count? It would seem a bit naff.

I was at a funeral this morning. There was a lot of local FF politicians and ex-Limerick hurlers.

Itā€™s one that moving around the UK. Called Van Gogh alive

1 Like

Sounds like no celebs there so

1 Like

The pols were working

1 Like

Thatā€™s it. Ed had taken it over for the evening. I thought itā€™d be the usual warm wine/prosecco/stale buffet job so said Iā€™d drive.
There was a free bar there, then a full free bar at the alchemist. Cocktails, anything.
Iā€™d not like to have picked up the tab.
There were people there from the charity he was fundraising for making absolute pigs of themselves.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a spot.

3 Likes

Happy Friday for me :+1:

1 Like

I was also on funeral duties this morning. There was a massive turnout of Republicans from both jurisdictions, many of them national figures but given the occasion Iā€™d be against logging them.
The padre didnā€™t shy away from the deceasedā€™s committment to the cause and managed to get the events and interactions of 1983 into his mini-eulogy. Heā€™d be from that political persuasion himself I gathered.
Ballinamore would be a republican stronghold so heā€™s comfortable in it.
A great turnout and a great occasion to try out the new traffic light system from the western approach as you enter the commercial districtā€¦.

3 Likes

ā€¦given Iā€™m fond of my kneecaps

3 Likes