The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

Fuckim. Any man wearing leggings deserves whatever comes his way

Not a spot.

11 Likes

You uucoam

1 Like

@Locke has let himself down badly here

1 Like

What a waste of energy for all of us to have to read that

2 Likes

Youā€™d have got a hape of likes for that on the Business Travel thread. Itā€™ll wither on the vine here

2 Likes

Who? David Platt
When? Just there this morning
Where ? Alderley Edge
Platty has traded the toad hall creaking rolls Royce in for a more discrete new range rover, which are ten a penny in alderley Edge.
Just in case though, heā€™s bought a bright metallic blue one and has a private plate with ā€œPlatā€ on it.
I suspect, that despite being a galactico back in the day, David may be a bit deep down insecure (or be married to a wag)

9 Likes

@carryharry Iā€™d like an adjudication here please.

Former Celtic and some MLS team in Carolina coach Jim McGuinness. In a coffee shop in Central Dublin. Wearing jeans, gloves and a grey hooded top. Jim entered the coffee shop with a woman (I presume the wife) and a scatter of children. I counted six but it could have been 7. There was a brief engagement at the counter and then all 8 or 9 of them sat down where they remained for 2 or 3 minutes before all getting up again and leaving without ordering or anything like that. I have a suspicion it was all just a wheeze to allow one of the children have a whizz.

14 Likes

Would you award bogball Jim as a spot yourself?

he wasnt a MLS coach I believe
Would many people outside Celtic fans know who Celtic FCs coaching assistant was?

I canā€™t say. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve gone for a neutral view.

Isnā€™t there a separate thread for no-mark bogballers and egg chasers?

1 Like

Are you asleep on the job in any case?

I donā€™t believe so. Do you think so?

1 Like

I could count on one hand the number of people Iā€™d know from the horse racing world but Iā€™ve had 2 spots this week

Who: Willie Mullen
Where: having lunch in Lucys Cafe off the Curragh on Tuesday. With another heavy guy that I am sure seemed very familiar from the horesy world

Who: Ruby Walsh
Where: standing in front of me in the security queue at Dublin Airport yesterday. Ruby was on the same 06.40 red eye to LHR as myself. Both myself and Ruby looked on from our places in the fast track line to the commoners in the very slow regular queue

1 Like

Could you have an oul glance about eight posts up?

In the valley of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

1 Like

As a seasoned Beijing Guoan fan I would recognise him at the drop of a chopstick. Heā€™s as big in Asia as noodle soup. Jimmy coached ball across 3 continents AND revolutionised a hobby in a negative fashion. Heā€™s a spot.

2 Likes

Apologies.
Spot.

2 Likes

Both are spots. The other lad was Gordon Elliott