The Celtic Curse - TFK Haemochromotosis Sufferers and Carriers Thread

219 :ronnyroar:

3 Likes

Stick a fork in it. It’s done.

55 Haven’t been bled I three months and the level is only 55. Unreal.

1 Like

Finally got around to that graph @Fagan_ODowd

3 Likes

That’s me in the black and amber and you in the blue and white @Fagan_ODowd

7 Likes

Both winners.

1 Like

Unbelievable.

Unreal, you’ve been well in control of this since last April

This is the best thread on the INTERNET.

I saw @Fran last Thursday lunchtime on a busy Dublin thoroughfare and wouldn’t have known he was a haemochromotosis sufferer only for my monitoring of this thread. I was very impressed with his complexion.

I was more so impressed with your professional attire, forgot to mention it on here at the time

181:pint:

Ah lovely

@Fagan_ODowd, got those gout like symptoms here (think we spoke about it before), the joint behind the big toe is starting to swell and getting sore. Did you ever get that and if so what did you do for it?

I did @Fran. I used to rub in Flexiseq gel and before that Biofreeze and Nurofen gel. But I am on a great painkiller now, Vimovo. Like ibuprofen but easy on the stomach. You should ask your gp about it.

The other thing I did that you should look at is your footwear. Get measured for proper insoles that mean there is no pressure on that joint and steer clear of shoes that are tight on that joint.

Cheers Fagan

:clap:

Did I see you in a pair of these last week @Fagan_ODowd. Nice shoes and no messing with those complicated laces and stuff.

Were you in a home for the bewildered?