The Celtic Curse - TFK Haemochromotosis Sufferers and Carriers Thread

Great news @Fagan_ODowd

1 Like

Thanks Fran. @Julio_Geordio how are you hanging in.
mate?

2 Likes

267 :eek:

RIP Fran.

Hi Franā€¦ you made a little quip there recently that made me LOL - I think some poster said they get no thanks ā€” and you said loads of thanks around here, maybe itā€™s you ā€¦ or something along those lines ā€¦ Anyway, I thought it was a great little reply and I just wanted you to know that before you die.

Fran, what the absolute fuck? Have you been on the drink again? Iā€™m in on Tuesday.

It had been about 9 months since my previous visit. I wouldnā€™t say Iā€™m gone mad on the drink but I havenā€™t really altered my lifestyle in any great way to account for my condition. Iā€™m booked in again for early June

Your comments give me great solace at this difficult time

2 Likes
4 Likes

Good man @Fagan_ODowd

1 Like

Those of you who actually work may have missed it but when I was out and about in the car there earlier Pat Kenny had a good piece on haemos on his show. He had Maurice Manning, Irelandā€™s first openly Haemo man and a doctor called Frank Murray.

There are 40,000 of us in this country.

#youarenotalonefran

2 Likes

Must have taken a lot of courage for Frank to come out like that

There may be 40000 of you but you share a narrow genetic line that the rest of us in the know are avoiding like the plague

1 Like

I was talking to the consultant there today. He said that by his reckoning 55% of haemos have Tipperary or Galway blood in them somewhere along the line. I didnā€™t quiz him on how he came to this conclusion

Sounds to me like heā€™s trying to throw a poor Waterford fella some sort of bone for the hurling.

It never rains but it pours

2 Likes

That is very wide. Would need to know in what generations the mutation happened to make sense of it

234 :arrow_down:

3 Likes

3 Likes