The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

Not the best for the state to own the bank but I wouldn’t have been in any rush myself

1 Like

Agreed,

They should have held out a bit longer though in my opinion at least 6-12 months.

That share price is only going to go up in the medium term.

Interesting that the new economic measure GNI has shown better growth versus the GDP figures. The misery crew coming in laughing about Leperchaun Economics have been very quiet over it.

Some of the poverty industry and lefty head bangers are in ruins after these stats emerged.

Ireland’s tax take is above the OECD average as a % of GNI, some years well above. i.e. Ireland taxes quite a bit. It is without question that Ireland has one of the most progressive tax systems in the world.

http://www.publicpolicy.ie/ireland-has-the-most-progressive-income-tax-system-in-the-eu/

So who is paying this tax above OECD averages? Could it be the better off?? :open_mouth:

Reading this Yanis Varoufakis book. Noonan was some lickspittle

1 Like

Yanis was some narcissist clown . A lighthouse in a bog TBH .

Is the book any use?

Yes it’s great. Very well written.

1 Like

Another miracle.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-07-27/how-to-make-ireland-s-miracle-economy-disappear

Have we been sold a pup, mate?

Not at all mate, Mickey Noonan was so successful in turning the place around that they can’t even measure it.

2 Likes

It’s all a mirage.

Already posted and it’s great news. It shows our growth has been better than GDP suggested and that we are high tax and spend country in the OECD.

2 Likes

Isn’t it great the way big bankers and the elite have created this fascination with markets and retarded terminology that allows them manipulate and control people through fear when it’s all a load of fucking bollox. You’ve lads then re-hashing this nonsense like it really means something.

But isn’t that Irish way, a decade ago we were all savvy property investors. :slight_smile:

Political hipsters.

15 per cent unemployment meant something.

We’re back

In time we won’t be and you communists can have your day. For now it is our day.

1 Like

You communists? Think you’ve replied to the wrong person there, mate.

Have you abandoned the Limerick Soviet now as well mate?

We were sold a pup - the ‘commie’ trade unionists were really capitalists in disguise.

The decline in the rate of nationals vs non nationals on the live register is quite telling.