The Championship thread

Reading seem to be a team in form at the moment, they might get the 2nd automatic spot yet…

is this some type of stream of unconsiousness you simpleton?

whatever the fcuk it means.

clearly norwich will be going up as champions once QPR are docked points :stuck_out_tongue:

A last gasp goal by Simeon Jackson sealed a 3-2 win for Norwich over Derby today. They remain 1 point ahead of Cardiff in second position with 2 games left.

Leeds lost and and are now outside the play-off places. Reading also lost, which is good for them.*

• Reference to pub conversation from Thursday where I was ridiculed for saying that it would be a killer for Reading to keep winning and narrowly miss out on automatic promotion as it would put them on a downer and they wouldn’t be capable of maintaining that form or even improving on it for the play-offs. Better for their mentality to lose a game or two, ease off a little in the last few games before refocusing and launching another charge in the play-offs. :blink:

Cardiff v Middlesbrough kicking off shortly with Porstmouth v Norwich on later if the snooker gets boring. Two big games in the hunt for football’s richest prize, though I understand Sky sometimes reserve the richest prize for the playoff final only, and it doesn’t apply to the actual automatic promotion race always.

:lol:

The GBP£40m / £60m / £80m / £100m game. It changes depending on who’s presenting the coverage.

Cardiff have gone 1-0 down. The keeper went too far across his goal following the flight of a cross and a fairly tame header by Lita crept into the other corner as he scrambled back across his line.

2-0. Barry Robson. Cardiff have an uphill task now.

3-0 down now after 20 minutes. A good chunk of home supporters heading for the exits.

Could maybe have been interesting if McNaughton had pulled one back there but it’s hard enough to come back from 3 down without missing chances like that.

I reckon they’d have been in with a chance had they scored by half time to get it back to 1-3, especially against a Mowbray team.

The guy that got the third goal is called Smallwood. :smiley:

Norwich have gone 1-0 up at Portsmouth. They will be promoted if they win.

Watching the snooker so didn’t see it. Simeon Jackson continues his good run of form though.

Norwich promoted.

That’s some achievement from Lambert.

Unfortunately there are people on the pitch. Season ruined.

That’s a brilliant achievement indeed.

Fair play to Wes Hoolahan.

Super Wes Holohan :clap:

Yeah looking forward to seeing Wes in the EPL. Was watching two screens at the same time so didn’t give the Norwich game my full attention but he seemed to have a very decent game tonight. He was clever with the ball, retained possession nearly every time and still has the bit of pace from his days as a winger. Lawrence wasn’t great on the other flank for Portsmouth.

And only 21 months after Paul Lambert’s then club Colchester hammered Norwich 7-1 at Carrow Road in League 1.

Some turnaround - credit to Lambert for a magnificent job since taking over. :clap:

I believe they use the phrase richest single game(or richest final) as in automatic promotion is done over the 46 games but the play-off final is all or nothing.