The Chelsea supporters thread

Heā€™d fit in well at a dubious club like Chelsea.

Kinihans big soccer fans?

Troy the boy will be starting up front for Chelsea.

Settle a debate:

What percentage of Football Club owners in the UK actually make a profit as opposed to being a vanity project?

Chelsea fans would go fucking mad if they were owned by an Irishman, even if it was as nasty a fucker as mcgregorā€¦

As a lad once said, the way to end up with a small fortune owning a football club is to start out with a large fortune.

1 Like

Itā€™s actually mad how many people started supporting them in Irish primary schools around 2003/2004. There was a big jump from Man Utd to Chelsea. Is it Linfield or Rangers that theyā€™re twinned with?

Both Iā€™d imagineā€¦

Bohs

2 Likes

Im thinking along those lines but my pal is adamant these business men arent completely stupid.

@Aertel220

1 Like

A few lads around here supported them too didnā€™t they? @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

The Glazers have made a fortune off united. Id imagine the Liverpool lads are doing well too. Id say any club owned by an American basically is having money taken out rather than pumped in. Roman was never in it to make money, same with the city boys. Different objective altogether. If the yanks buy Chelsea they will be expecting to make money.
Arsenal and Spuds arent getting money in either.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy was a real trailblazer travelling over from leafy Malahide to cheer on Chelsea from The Shed End, 30 years ago.

What about Everton, Villa, Burnley, Norwich etc?

I would have thought any owner below PL level would be losing money hand over fist?

The Sauds must be sour enough they bought Newcastle

I would say bar the notable exceptions very few are pumping money into clubs in EPL.

In the championship they fire good money after bad in the hopes of making the big show. When it doesnt happen in a few years thats when the shit starts to hit the fan

1 Like

The worst of the worst.

A horrible club.

3 Likes

Jesus

Not really. Irish lads usually start following the best team around when they are seven or eight

1 Like