The Chelsea supporters thread

You’re fucking worse for entertaining him.

2 Likes

Different systems.

Conte’s success has been getting Chelsea well organised and knowing their roles and then maximising the ability of Hazard and Costa.

The back 5 if you wish to call it that is nothing special - Alonso, Moses and Cahill are fairly run of the mill players. Luiz was a much maligned player previously (unfairly so I feel) and Azpilicueta is a makeshift centre back. They’re just very well drilled and Conte has managed to get a great balance to this side, they’ve been lucky with injuries thus far - they have no cover in the wing back areas.

You were saying less than two weeks ago straight after the Liverpool v Man City match that there was only one other contender to Chelsea? You’re doing some real flip flopping here tonight.

Recent results have changed the landscape.

The big difference between the two teams is in the midfield, where most matches are won and lost. Any of Kante, Matic or Fabregas would walk into the Liverpool team and be their best midfielder by a mile. I think both managers are getting the most out of their squad

So who are the contenders now?

Fabregas has done well when called upon but I don’t think he is too compatible with Conte’s system. He doesn’t offer the defence enough protections. I think Conte would have Henderson or Wijnaldum in ahead of him for their dynamism.

I don’t think there is much in the squads at all. Conte has been lucky so far in that he hasn’t had to contend with injuries but I wouldn’t be confident on having the players to withstand injuries. The likes of Terry and Ivanovic are done. Zouma is untested, Ake will be a big addition back now. Midfield is relatively strong - Kante, Matic, Chalobah and Fabregas is a solid base. Up front, they are light, one absentee they can cover but after that it’s debatable.

Hi guys. I think Conte will be showing a sign of weakness if he plays Costa tomorrow.

Thoughts @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy and @Nembo_Kid ?

ill never forget Pierre took a strop and was dropped, when he returned he banged in the goals

1 Like

I think Mr Conte has handled the situation very well.

No point ostracising a key player over a bit of petulance, not sure whether he will start tomorrow but Chelsea don’t really have too many proven options in attack.

Chelsea have a striker they’ve been holding in reserve all season that they spent £33 million to acquire last summer. That’s an embarrassment of attacking options if you can spend that amount of money on a striker that doesn’t even get a game.

What about the £17m striker Spurs that Spurs can’t even offer a place on their subs bench?

The Chelsea way…

You’re back talking to me about Spurs again after the whupping handed out to Chelsea on 4 January. You’ve finally stopped crying? Didn’t get any personalised message from you after the Spurs v Chelsea game. You were onto me within about two minutes of the final whistle of every other Chelsea game since you started supporting Chelsea a few weeks back.

I’m just making a point about the irony of you bemoaning Chelsea having an expensive flop on the bench.

Jannsen has started six times in the premier league, Batshuayi hasn’t played twenty minutes in a game yet, why hasn’t Conte given him a chance yet? He looked promising before Chelsea.

Jansen started six games because Kane was injured. He can’t even make the bench now and has been completely written off by his manager.

Both managers clearly don’t rate the signings.

1 Like

More then likely neither manager had any input to those signings,

Spurs and Chelsea are well known for that.

3 of those starts were games that Kane started as well to be fair. Janssen has been given a chance and isn’t finished yet, the lad at Chelsea hasn’t had a sniff.

I don’t do any bemoaning about Chelsea. Its a matter of utter indifference to me what goes on there.

You were the one that was having a moan about Chelsea’s lack of striking options for the visit of mighty Hull tomorrow. I was merely pointing out they spent £33 million on a striker six months ago.