The Clare Roasters thread

Great advertisement for John torpey there

Bumped ahead of our clash on Sunday.

Bumped in advance of August 18th

Clare, it’s like the wild west…

A pub fight reminiscent of the “Wild West” involving 50 to 80 people resulted in four Ennis men receiving a suspended two-year sentence at Ennis Circuit Court yesterday (Monday).
The court heard that the fight forced six gardaí outside for their own safety as they felt “the patrons turn” on them in The Lifford Bar, back in October 2010.
In evidence to the court Sergeant Mark Murphy of Ennis Garda Station said everyone was fighting. “I mean everyone”, the garda told the court.
“It was a scene from a wild west movie,” he said.
The court heard that at 11pm on the night in question the Gardaí were called to the Ennis licence premises on the Newbridge Road.
A garda described all the pub’s patrons as being involved in the fight, as cans, bottles and glasses were thrown indiscriminately, tables and stools knocked over and used as weapons. The court heard that one of the defendants, John Anthony McDonagh, was inside the counter throwing glasses indiscriminately with both hands and laughing as he was throwing them.
“Due to the risk to the members I ordered all gardaí outside,” said Sgt Murphy.
For more see this week’s Clare People…

Even dolphins are sick of klare people

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/swimmer-injured-in-co-clare-dolphin-attack-1.1478477

[quote=“artfoley, post: 808573, member: 179”]Even dolphins are sick of klare people

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/swimmer-injured-in-co-clare-dolphin-attack-1.1478477[/quote]

[SIZE=16px]In the most recent incident, a woman was charged as she left the water after a swim at about 10pm. The dolphin is believed to have struck the woman in the kidney area with its nose, knocking her over and leaving her winded.[/SIZE]

:smiley:

FFS! :smiley:

Ennis is irelands biggest shithole after Tralee.:smiley:

Athlone is hard bate for Ireland’s biggest shithole

its part of a triumvirate of shitholery theLockes

the other 2 being new ross and arklow.

nuke them fucking all i say

Clare County council do them no favours

Ennis is fine - lots of clean small old style street

what?

O Connell street area is clean and nice not deserving the negative comments here - town as a whole has one the Tidy towns large town award a few times

The Tidy Towns award? Fuck me, it must be a utopia so

It’s quaint - a bit of character

A bit like yourself, no?

It’s a pity the place is full of the dregs of society though

Well yes - it has had it’s fair share of issues - sad as its nice place

It is overrun with travellers and their feuds.