The Cost of Living 📈

I’m gonna go buy a swiss roll later now that the man isnt watching on.

The Aarke water carbonator will be the next every kitchen gadget. A well-marketed sodastream.

When I was home the sister has a soda stream into which she puts bottled still water.
I went out to get the messages.
She had bottled still water on the list. Bottled fizzy water was the same price. She gave out about it, and went out and pointedly bought bottles of still water (of the same brand) the next day.
Ffffs

3 Likes

Great to see vapes included. The sooner fags are gone the better

Both should be outlawed

3 Likes

You’d have a small bit of respect for a fag smoker nowadays, you’d be ashamed of your life if somebody in your company pulled out a vape

3 Likes

All the birds are vaping now, how else will you chat them up in the smoking area

120 quid for a hotel room for the night in longford lads. What the fuck…

If the room is main st facing you’re bound to see some cultural entertainment late at night

Not me thankfully but I’ll tell the lads to stock up on popcorn

Few lengths of lead piping might come in handy too

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1773243404060659922?t=WgklGgnifDCpCHNEf6kJaw&s=19

Inflation in Ireland has fallen significantly in recent months

I mean thats not even true.

The rate of inflation has slowed, but it is still increasing

9 Likes

The lunch time food trade seems to be completely dead in Limerick.

No one can afford to be eating out a few times a week anymore

City centre gets no twist out of those big multi national companies

This Verizon crew might spark a bit of life back into the place when its full, but I don’t think its as much a footfall as a price issue

Is that down to habits as much as anything?

I remember being in Limerick one time years ago, I’d say it was around 2008 and I had to go to the fracture clinic after breaking my collarbone. Anyway afterwards, we went to Scotts near Mary I for a roaster carvery and the place was absolutely packed out. Joe Canning and all was in there munching one down.

You’d never really see that kind of craic anymore.

I used to go for lunch regularly when I worked in the city and places would be doing alright and there was a lot more choice. But €15 a lunch now in a lot of places, vs €10 then. That’s a huge amount of money if you eat out three times a week. On top of the general cost of living already eating away at peoples disposable income.

Also the two or three days working from home. The lack of staff etc

Bit of a perfect storm really

One of My closet confidants is heavily involved in the pub trade.

He maintains there’s no twist to be made out of them anyway. They encourage healthy eating, bring your lunch, gym and maybe a wfh day. Along with stringent guidelines when it comes to getting sacked.

He always says trying get set up near government buildings or departments. Two hour lunches and a few pints are still a thing. Knocking off early Friday evening for pints. That’s when you’d made a pub pay.

I’d say the pubs of Limerick are paying just fine. Always seem to be busy at weekends.

It’s just the lunch trade is dead