The dangers of Facebook

The Facebook Republican Army have mobilised themselves:

‘Facebook Army’ wreck 1m home

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Facebook gang who described themselves as “every parent’s worst nightmare” have trashed a teenager’s 1 million home.

Plumber Steve O’Brien, 25, and his fellow gang members wreaked mayhem at their privately-educated victim’s 16th birthday party.

His gang, the self-styled Facebook Republican Army, gatecrashed Georgina Hobday’s birthday party after she invited friends via the social networking website.

They rampaged through rooms, causing 5,000 damage, smashing lightbulbs and burning woodwork with cigarettes.

One hundred people were invited via an online invitation list to the party, inspired by the MTV reality series My Super Sweet 16, but it was gatecrashed by 300 people.

After schoolgirl Georgina’s parents, Michael and Sylvia, left their four-storey 1 million townhouse in Brighton, East Sussex, to allow genuine guests to enjoy themselves, Mr Hobday was called by police on his mobile phone, telling him the party was out of control. Georgina’s mum described the scene she came home to as an “absolute horror show”.

According to The Sun, O’Brien boasted: “We’re every parent’s worst nightmare”.

The Facebook Republican Army, based on Brighton’s tough Whitehawk estate, looks for parties on Facebook.

The gang boasts it travels nationwide and has even bought its own coach.

Steve, whose brother Shaun, 24, is also a member, told the newspaper: "We didn’t have to go far for this bash. It was just round the corner.

"One of the lads is a whiz on the computer and finds all the parties.

“We don’t intend to cause trouble, but it kicks off sometimes. The house usually gets trashed.”

Police took an hour to disperse the crowd.

Inspector Andy Richardson, of Sussex Police, said: “There was a sea of people, the place was overrun and it was difficult to move, which was a major safety problem that required a lot of police time and resources.”

corey delaney up to his old tricks?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWvc29QaqEE[/ame]

These guys sound like a pack of arseholes. Not tough enough for proper football hooliganism they go around wrecking a 16 year old girl’s birthday. I love that line “One of the lads is a whiz on the computer” ie he disturbingly searches Facebook for children’s events.

Belter. That Cory kid’s a legend. The newsreader bird is struggling to retain her composure with the answers he’s giving her.

Scary new feature Facebook are launching when you browse other websites from within facebook so you never have to leave.

So now Facebook know every other website you’ve been to and they focus their advertising accordingly. Plus they can tell everyone else on there where you’ve been.

That thing is evil incarnate. Cannot believe people willingly give them their data under the pretext of joining a community.

On the “people you may know” I keep getting a guy I used to know who died a few years ago.

[SIZE=6][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=33px][FONT=Segoe UI]Well, anyone know what this is about?[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=6][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=33px] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=6][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=33px] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=6][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=33px]28 students suspended from Co Limerick school[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

Teenagers at Colaiste Chiarain liked inappropriate Facebook post

[SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia]TWENTY-eight students were suspended from one of Limerick[/URL] ’s largest secondary schools after they ‘liked’ an inappropriate posting on [URL=‘http://www.irishtimes.com/search/search-7.1213540?tag_company=Facebook&article=true’]Facebook about a teacher at their school.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia]A number of the students from Colaiste Chiarain secondary school in Croom, Co Limerick were suspended last week for two days while others, who were on work experience away from the school, began their suspension yesterday.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia]It is understood the controversial post featured an image and text concerning the personal life of a teacher. The item was eventually removed from the social media site but not by Facebook despite repeated requests by the school, according to the principalNoel Malone. Mr Malone defended what he described as an “unprecedented” decision to suspend the students insisting they had breached the school’s anti-bullying policy. One of the largest secondary schools in Limerick Cholaiste Chiarain has 70 teachers and 900 students.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia]“Obviously it’s a very sensitive matter for the people concerned but what I can say is that certain inappropriate postings on a newly created Facebook page, not part of the official school website or an individual student’s website, was brought to my attention. I was quite shocked because it involved a violation of the acceptable usage policy of the school while bordering on issues of cyber bullying and also a gross invasion of a member of the school community’s personal life and I was very concerned about it,” he said.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia]According to the school principal the incident was a big learning experience for the entire school community.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia]“I am 14 years as a principal here and we have technology from left, right and centre and even for someone as tuned in as I am I thought it was staggering to think that this was going on,” said Mr Malone.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia]Mr Malone insisted he thought hard before suspending the students and said the parents of those concerned were for the most part “very supportive” of his decision.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]“It was a very difficult and delicate situation the vast majority [of parents] made contact and expressed their horror. A number insisted both father and mother coming in to see myself or the deputy principal to express their horror at what happened. A lot of people sent cards,” he said.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia]“Basically, the school would take a very strong view on this, we need to constantly be vigilant to protect all our school community and the way I would look at this is, if it was their child or themselves, they would expect the school to act swiftly and fairly when it comes to something like this,” he added.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Got sent a request from a girl who I wouldn’t know from Adam there three weeks ago. Sent me a message, very straight forward asking what age am I, am I single, what am I at now. Said she works in a hotel around town, asked a friend who works in said hotel if he knew her he said he didn’t and he’s manager. Fuckin dodgy out. Blocked.

Jesus you’re soft. We’re you afraid of being fraped?

You mug. Your mate obviously wants her for himself.

9 Likes

It’s going around alright but I’ve not got private messages. I block them straight away as they always show very few mutual friends.

I sometimes ask mutual friends who are they and they haven’t a clue. I usually give it a week to see what’s going on, dodgy out !

I’m not sure I’d view a random bird sending a message in which she asks a complete stranger his age, marital status, and what he is doing at that moment in time as very straightforward. I like the way you phoned a friend first before deciding it was dodgy. :smile:

You know exactly where that was heading. She was going to send you a few pictures of her tits, etc., and ask you to return the favour if you wanted to see more. :fishing_pole_and_fish: Your mate saved you some embarrassment.

I can’t help wondering if this is a missed opportunity for hijinx, though? Surely the next time this happens, the forum has to be afforded the opportunity to help you reply. String her along with a few pictures from google, and keep a log here for lolz.

Rather be safe than sorry. They could be a fella from the backarse of Taghmon for all I know who has lost people in his shed.

6 Likes

:smile:

That’s better living conditions than most of the residents of Taghmon.

4 Likes

So some random person contacted @somerandomperson on fb :joy::joy:

1 Like

Welcome to 2016.

How many VR fundamentalists have been created today?

Is that Buff Egan ?