The depression thread

not signing in but i was advised to do this now on Facebook

Here goes…In support of everyone I know who’s wrestled with the black dog…
Yes depression is relentless. A lot of us have been close to that edge, and some have lost friends and loved ones. Let’s look out for each other and stop sweeping mental illness under the rug. If I don’t see your name, I’ll understand. May I ask my family and friends wherever you might be, to kindly copy and paste this status for one hour to give a moment of support to all those who have family problems, health struggles, job issues, worries of any kind and just need to know that someone cares. Do it for all of us, for nobody is immune. Hope to see this on the walls of all my family and friends just for moral support. I know some will!!! I did it for a friend and you can too. You have to copy and paste this one, no sharing.

Signing in…

Here goes…In support of everyone I know who’s wrestled with the black dog…
Yes depression is relentless. A lot of us have been close to that edge, and some have lost friends and loved ones. Let’s look out for each other and stop sweeping mental illness under the rug. If I don’t see your name, I’ll understand. May I ask my family and friends wherever you might be, to kindly copy and paste this status for one hour to give a moment of support to all those who have family problems, health struggles, job issues, worries of any kind and just need to know that someone cares. Do it for all of us, for nobody is immune. Hope to see this on the walls of all my family and friends just for moral support. I know some will!!! I did it for a friend and you can too. You have to copy and paste this one, no sharing.

xxxx

2 Likes

http://m.independent.ie/life/health-wellbeing/mental-health/irish-sports-star-sent-himself-an-email-that-saved-his-life-34122458.html

Bressie will be seething that he didn’t think of that.

4 Likes

random irish man is depressed and trademark picture of Bressie

2 Likes

Christ almighty!

Bressie has been vocal about his battle with depression apparently. I seemed to miss the bit where he described his depression. He had panic attacks which are nothing like depression.

And a fucking paper printing it too.

2 Likes

paint a few weird pictures and hey presto you’re depresed

‘But I’m still here. I’m still pulling birds, I’m still playing sport.’

Is that article a piss take. Read the caption below the first photo. And then brressie looking at nowhere in particular. Or maybe he sees someone in the bushes, it’s not Jeffrey is it…oh no…

1 Like

Real bravery is trying to make a media career as a mental health guru because you felt shit a few times.

2 Likes

Did not see this one coming. What an inspiration.

http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/lady-gaga-depression-anxiety

She added: "I’ve suffered through depression and anxiety my entire life, I still suffer with it every single day.

"I just want these kids to know that that depth that they feel as human beings is normal. We were born that way.

“This modern thing, where everyone is feeling shallow and less connected? That‘s not human.”

Celebrities who pursue a career in the public eye suffering from anxiety? Why don’t they go work the pumps at a petrol station instead?

1 Like

I fixed that for you.

Bressie trying to play the depression card when he got a panic attack before going live on TV.

1 Like

Anyone who hasn’t suffered from depression must be feeling pretty depressed at having missed out on the latest trend

2 Likes

In fairness to Biddy she spoke about it a long time ago and spoke quite well.

She had it tough in fairness dealing with that whole Miley-Fidelma shenanigans

5 Likes

I can’t think of a fate worse than suffering from minor celebrity depression.

1 Like

She had that awful car accident as well, amazing she came through that.