The depression thread

Keep the head up and be patient Joe. You’ll feel stronger each day but it’s not a race so don’t put yourself under too much pressure. You’ll be in flying form by the time Clare lose the Munster Final for the third year in a row next summer.

3 Likes

Your e-pals are here for you mate :+1:

1 Like

Keep going Joe.

I did not believe in these things. Before now dose everyone feel unsure of things at some point

I certainly did Joe but I pulled through in the end.

1 Like

Josie me old pal … You’ve family and many friends and e-pals that care about you… Life is up and down bro … you’ll be up again in no time, you just got to get through the down time… think of it like your 21s analogy to me - waves come in and they go back out.

We all love you Joe … but not in a gay way.

8 Likes

Nobody is immune to it Joe, even the confident guys. The sun always rises.

2 Likes

Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

8 Likes

Happens to all of us Joe.

My family will never know

Well that’s a mistake Joe. Talk to your mother and father today when you get home. They are there for you 100% as you well know — it’s not a sign of weakness to ask for help or to open up… it’s a sign of strength.

1 Like

two separate people have said to me this morning that they are depressed. they are in their hole. its an epidemic out there, fellas feeling sorry for themselves for an few hours diagnosing themselves with the sadness

1 Like

Are you suffering from depression yourself mate?

You’re never happy and are always on here moaning and giving out. It’s cool to admit it, you might be able to get the help you desperately need.

It’s only hurling Joe. Limerick might not even get out of Munster next year.

i was diagnosed with depression 2 years ago, i havent a fucking clue how the cunt came to that conclusion but im running with it anyway
one day at a time is my motto

8 Likes

Good stuff, I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

My mind races forward

Howya Joe. Its perfectly normal to go through periods of low mood/depression/feeling lost in life. As choco said try to talk to those around you and not to bottle it up. Have a word with your GP as well as a first port of call. Also consider doing something like this as well…
https://www.aware.ie/education/life-skills-group-programme/
Next one starts in Clare in November.

You can also do it online
https://www.aware.ie/education/life-skills-online-programme/

1 Like

people these days can’t deal with even the smallest problems that life throws up, the human race is fucked

I’ll never forget the day I arrived home wearing a ‘suicidal tendancies’ T shirt as a teenager. The ould fella gave me a lovely dig in the side of the head and it fixed me right there and then.

15 Likes