The English Premier League 2016/17™

Huh? Southampton played Spurs on 28 December so I obligingly took the time out to give you the full roll call of players Spurs were missing through injury and suspensions over the festive period like you requested. I have no idea what the casualty list is like at West Brom and Everton the other two sides Southampton faced over the festive period and I haven’t the interest or inclination to find out. There’s a little project for you for the night. You spent a chunk of Sunday and Monday compiling the list of injured and absent at Watford and Sunderland.

That’s irrelevant, Geoff.

I asked for the opposition, you as a Spurs fan are then quoting your own side’s absentees - bizarre.

Some difference from top to bottom. I’d say Abramovich paid for a good knees up at Christmas for the boys on the fixtures committee

My initial post was about Southampton and how they were foisted with the most demanding schedule of all of the 20 sides in the EPL over Christmas. You asked me to post up the amount of players the opposition were missing through injury and suspensions over the festive period Co-incidentally one of the sides Southampton faced over the festive period were the team I support, Tottenham Hotspur, so I was able to provide you with the information you were seeking straight off in relation to Spurs. You are now saying that information I have provided to you, which requested is irrelevant and bizarre. I’ll re-iterate, here is what you posted in response to my initial post on the Southampton festive schedule.

I suspect what has happened is you completely overlooked the fact that Southampton faced Spurs over the festive period on 28 December. Run along now and stop making a clown of yourself.

I suspect the reason you have refused to look into the number of opposition players absent through injury or suspension during the festive period is because Spurs were one of the biggest beneficiaries during this period.

Now run along and stop making a clown of yourself.

Are Chelsea the only side who haven’t had to leave their home city/town? Home games to Bournemouth on Boxing Day, Stoke at home on New Years Eve and the short hop across London to White Hart Lane tomorrow night. Southampton on top of getting handed the shortest turnaround time had to make the near 200 mile trip from the south coast up to Liverpool to face Everton yesterday.

So you’ve moved the goalposts again and want to talk about Spurs and not Southampton. Still making a clown of yourself with your assertion that Spurs having hammered a shit side like Watford 4-1 away (3 wins from 3 for Pochettino against Watford) were lucky. Spurs haven’t lost to Watford since 1987,.The last time you were bleating on about Watford, you predicted they would take something from their trip to Anfield. Two hours late even after Liverpool hammered Watford 6-1, you were still bigging up Watford talking about how well they were going.

Context and answering questions seem to be a big phobia of yours Geoff.

You compiled a list of hours spanning festive games for all the clubs. You then refused to do similar for the opposition players absent during the festive period, instead you gave an answer completely irrelevant to the question posed.

You still have not complied with the question initially raised as it would show Spurs were one of the biggest beneficiaries of the festive footballing schedule. I think you are degrading yourself by acting like a simpleton who fails to understand basic context, in order to evade this issue.

Why do you bother Geoff, you’re talking to the wall.

2 Likes

I’m in North London on a few days holiday. Did you really think I spent my day compiling that list? I read it on the BBC website last week.

1 Like

That’s outrageous - No wonder Liverpool are crippled with injuries - How the fuck can there be such a difference between top and bottom.

As the forum’s resident statto, it’s bizarre that you are not interested in chasing those stats. One can only conclude that you would not like the picture it paints for Spurs and how they benefited from the schedule.

If Liverpool can’t beat a patched up Sunderland then they are as well just give it up.

1 Like

You’d want to get your head examined to be compiling stats while on a few days holiday in North London just to appease some eejit on the internet. Enjoy your break pal

1 Like

Give up what? They’ll stay in the hunt for 4th — And that’s a patched up Liverpool vs a Sunderland team with 27 hours more rest - That’s huge at this level. As for Chelsea, that’s just outrageous not only do they have an Oligarch pumping 100s of millions in year after year they now get 40-80hrs more rest than their challengers -

@ChocolateMice called it all along, no one will get with 8 points of Chelsea this year, the FA and their endless fortune will make sure of that.

3 Likes

Exactly. When Liverpool tried to add to the squad in January 2014 for second half of the season and went after yer man Salah, didn’t Chelsea go off waving more cash just to stop Liverpool getting him? And then they hardly played him.

Teams like Liverpool and Spurs can’t compete with chequebook waving owners in Manchester and at Chelsea

1 Like

If Leicester can…

That’s an anomaly. Look at the finishing points total for them last season. Leicester had 81 points. 2nd was 71 points. All of the top six will have over 70 points this year

2 Likes

Arsenal defense = absent

Shocking

Bournemouth 1 up. Charlie Daniels.