The English Premier League 2016/17™

Chelsea’s next five

Leicester (A), Hull (h), Pool (A), Arse (H), Burnley (A)

DWDWD = 9/15. Wide open.

They’ll win four of them but won’t get any points at Anfield. 12/15

Don’t go down Sid’s road pal, it never ends well. One game at a time.

Chelsea will destroy Liverpool. Liverpool will also lose to utd.

I enjoyed that tonight, Spurs were quite good and well deserved the win, the pace of their two wingbacks makes them a more impressive 3 at the back side than Chelsea, they bossed midfield completely, defended very well.
Strangely enough they seem to be at least as good as Chelsea on paper (so kudos to the Italian manager for getting so much from them), if I was to pick an 11 from the two teams there’d be a few close calls but I’d have six Spurs. In saying that Chelsea have the two best players though both were ineffective tonight.

Chelsea
Man City
Spurs
Arsenal.

ah here
they’ll pick up 3 points there allright

liverpool will collapse when it gets serious like the wall in heysel
Lovern will bend like a turnbuckle in Hillsboro under the weight of a drunken scourser’s belly and Sturridge will piss himslelf like they did on their dead when they found their wallets were empty

5 Likes

Don’t be ridiculous mate. Pool will lose away to West Ham and West Brom but they won’t lose to those two. They’ll play out a draw against United and beat Chelsea 3-0. Phil will be back pulling the strings and we’ll think it’s on, only for them to fuck up against palace or someone

Klopp needs to send out the youth team for the cup matches. Still think Chelsea will win it pulling up. The other three CL places could be anyone’s.

1 Like

agreed
i think city and arsenal will waddle in 2nd , third
4th spot is up for anyone but id back united really, spurs liverpool have a lack of gumption about them, Spurs may suprise me, but i do not agree with playing Eric Dier in the back 3,
he is a holding midfielder , they need to go back to 4 at the back and pray the 2 belgians keep fit
w.r.t the pool, theyre short a center back and a defensive mid, these arent players u can source in january and expect to blossom, jan is for emergency center forwards, keepers and reserve full backs
the pool are bolloxed
theyll finish 6th, 25 points clear of WBA but behind spurs on GD

1 Like

defensively they played the same tonight but they were not tuned in when a couple of quality balls were wipped in. Kane’s touch was even off but it will come back as he has it. bad night tonight. Alli is unreal but I think his best position maybe a little bit deeper as a midfielder. need a modric in there with him and a quick skillful partner for Kane

what a decent man he was
noble is a word id use

2 Likes

I worry for Liverpool. Lovren needs binning. Need a new goalie and a decent holding midfielder. Too many windy fuckers. The way they shat themselves in Europe League final doesn’t bode well for a tight championship finish. Having said all that it could still be our year.

1 Like

Quite a run of form for the top six (except Arsenal). Last 5 games

Chelsea WWWWL
Liverpool WWWWD
Spurs WWWWW
Man C WWWLW
Arse LLWWD
Man U WWWWW

The top six could be 20 points clear of the rest by the end this season. Don’t ever remember it being so lop-sided so early.

Liverpool’s best start to a League for 27 years.

How did Chelsea get on against lowly Spurs last night?

Lost 2-0. There were mitigating circumstances though. Severe Chelsea injury crisis - Chopper Harris, Peter Osgood and Kerry Dixon were all non-starters.

1 Like

Nice bargain here for @Special_Olympiakos to pick up in the West Ham club shop…

2 Likes

Is @Special_Olympiakos a fat lad?

Just noticed Liverpools run of fixtures, United, Chelsea And Spurs in the next six,
I don’t think they’re a top three team, potentially 4th but those games Wil tell a lot.

I reckon they’ll end up sixth